How to work on On page SEO?

I searched on internet and found that there is one type which is said to be On Page SEO. So if some one know then tell me about that. I have searched and found these links but not sure it will work or not…
www.itechment.com/2013/09/seo-tips-2-off-page-seo.html

On-page SEO work requires you to use a page’s target keywords in moderation - particularly where they will have the greatest effect. It’s the simplest part of optimizing your website and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

In simple words on page optimization includes activities that you do on the website like designing of website and title, tag, description of website. You can also say them as controlled seo because here you have the control over the activities but on the other hand in off page seo you do not have the controlling factor.

On-Page is one of the part in SEO, it’s deals with so many factory’s.
What ever we do on our website is call On-Page.

It’s involves in website coding like site Title, Image Alt tags, Hadar tags, Meta tags, and more

Main features of On-Page SEO are Meta Tags and Content. Meta Tags must be relevant to webpage and Content must be 100% Unique.
Besides these you can use different features like Heading Tags, Canonical Issue, Robots.txt file, Sitemap XML, Website Navigation, Web Page Speed Analysis and many more.

On page seo depends upon these factoes:
Content of the page
The title tag
The URL
The image alt text
There are plenty of tools you can use to help you with on-page SEO, but my favorite is Yoast (I know many people like what Genesis does automatically if you use one of their themes).

Google is now focusing more on One Page SEO of website as compare to Off Page SEO so i would recommend you to more optimized your website for On Page and On Page refers to the presentation of your website which includes HTML tags, contents, images, design and look of your site

This does involve optimising your site tags but actually refers to your site content, that includes the tags, text, videos, forms, all pages. By tags, ensure each page targets relevant keywords used to find that page by adding keywords to the TITLE, H1, META DESCRIPTION and ALT tags. Ensure the content, or product descriptions, speak to the visitors and show immediately what was needed. You should get this right before starting any link building to ensure your visitors stick around.

On page SEO is whatever you do on your own web page to make it search engine friendly. You add tags like title, keyword, description, alt tag, anchor text and all to make it according to conditions of search engine so that they can crawl your site and place in their rankings.
After this you go for off page seo and start building quality links for your website for trust and popularity to improve search engine rankings.

Before doing anything in On Page Seo, we strongly recommend The Yoast`s Wordpress Seo Plugin

Why? What does it do?

To do On-page SEO you have to work on these techniques

Keyword research
Keyword density
ALT tags
XML sitemap
Remove broken links
H1 tags
Meta descriptions
HTML and CSS code corrections
Analytic setup
It is very important that on-page optimization is done correctly to your website as this educate to search engine crawlers and spiders about the theme of your website and on which keyword you are targeting to rank on.

Search engine shows the title, url, description of the site. So make sure to put proper seo friendly title, url and description in compared with the competitor.

Also H1 H2 H3 tags must be keyword oriented. Don’t forget to put sitemap, robots.txt