How Would This Website Have Been Created 2

Hi Guys

I’m interested to know how you think this thinkmoney website was created, i.e. what tools do you think the designer used, e.g. would they have used Dreamweaver, or would they have hand-coded the site?

How would you describe the web design page structure being used? Is it a CSS-based design?? Where could I teach myself such design techniques?

Many thanks

It was not doubt hand coded to an extent, because using a WYSIWYG editor is not viable for a professional website. The code doesn’t show signs of having used this, although it’s probably built on a CMS. It appears to be using Microsoft .NET, but apart from that I’m not sure what it’s using. Basically all sites these days are CSS-based, and this one certainly is. There aren’t really any alternatives … except to some extent with table layouts, but they are long gone.

So are you saying that for a good website, layout is usually CSS based?

What is a good resource for learning about CSS layout based design?

Thanks

Yes. Always, indeed. :slight_smile:

What is a good resource for learning about CSS layout based design?

Any book on CSS, really. SitePoint has some good CSS books, or you can check out Amazon etc.

this website is using Magento Commerce with Clicktale Campaign Tracking module, both distributions are premium… i hope that help

Goodluck