How Would This Website Have Been Created?

Hi Guys

I’m interested to know how you think this website was created, i.e. what tools do you think the designer used, e.g. would they have used Dreamweaver, or would they have hand-coded the site?

How would you describe the web design page structure being used? Is it a CSS-based design?? Where could I teach myself such design techniques?

Many thanks

[font=verdana]It was created using a CMS called DotNetNuke.

You can tell it was created by some kind of automated tool and not hand-written because of the amount of nonsense in the code (right-click and View Source to see what I mean), including such gems as id="dnn_ctr453_Links_lstLinks_linkHyp_1". And therein lies your clue as to which CMS it was, because a huge number of labels and functions are prefixed with “dnn_”, and a quick Google then gives the game away!

It is a CSS-based design that seems to be doing a reasonable job of semantic code, but it is a horrendously bloated page, with lots of redundant class names and redundant nested elements. By all means take design inspiration from the site if you like the look of it, but in terms of the code base, you need to take it with a huge pinch of salt.

Off Topic:

I’m really intrigued by the link that says “Download the Divorce UK app from iTunes” … just how often do they think people are going to get divorced that the need an app for it? :lol:

Hi,

I don’t think its created in dreamweaver and yes its css-based and its most probably a CMS system made in ASP. A readymade or custom made theme has been applied to the CMS.

Thanks.

You can use CMS web development such as Joomla and Drupal. It is easy to manage and display your content and it can be apply to unlimited pages

Hi,

You can use any cms system for it. But if you don’t want that much headache then simply create the design yourself or get it created for $30 or so. That design is not that much complex.

Thanks.