Howmanage someone else selling my advertising space?

Hey,

Unfortunately I don’t have enough time to manage (sell / update) my advertising space on my network of websites as I am working on developing / expanding the network.

I wanted to get someone else to do this for me and share a % of the income but I don’t know how to manage it or make it fair.

Advertising will be sold in slots of 1 month, 3, 6 and 12 months.

How could this be managed if for example someone does this for 1 month, gets 3 advertisers at 3 months but then stops working on helping advertisers, getting new advertisers etc. - How do I make this fair for both sides?

Thanks for any help

there are many ad networks, will give you ad code, which once set you wont have to worry about managing.

I want to sell to advertisers directly rather than going through a network.

I think it is better to be proactive and contact advertisers directly or search for advertisers that are looking for positions.

I would rather give the money to someone that is doing work than an advertising network.

[FONT=verdana]

I want to sell to advertisers directly rather than going through a network.

That’s fine, but be aware that you’ll probably make less money that way. You’ll have to do a lot more work in identifying your prospects, making contact with them, and convincing them to advertise with you. Once you get past that hurdle, you’ve got to handle the credit control, billings and payments.

If you hire someone to do all that for you, as you suggest, you will have pay that person to do it. It’s obviously going to be time-consuming, which means that it will expensive.

By contrast, if you use an existing advertising network like Google AdSense, you don’t have any selling of any kind, and the payment is guaranteed. It’s true that the income per impression will be lower, but that’s not the point. It’s the bottom line that counts.

But to go back to your original question. If you definitely want to go for a do-it-yourself approach, then you’ve got to come up with some arrangement that will benefit both yourself and the person you employ to manage and sell the ads. The best advice I can give you is to discuss the options with the person who you choose to do this work. Ask them, for example, if they prefer an hourly rate or payment by results. Then start negotiating from there.

Mike[/FONT]