Html and audio

Hello!

I’ve been searching the web for an html solution to incorporating audio into my website and I feel a bit inundated with the options. I was hoping that someone with experience might be able to point me in the right direction based on what I’m looking for.

Basically, I need some audio to better explain a set of formulas on a webpage. I’d like a really simple unobtrusive button that the user could press so that the audio plays, without them having to actually leave the page so that they can following along with visually and aurally.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Eric

There are some very good, free plugins you can use to embed audio on your page, such as there:

http://flowplayer.org/plugins/streaming/audio.html
jPlayer : HTML5 Audio & Video for jQuery

Here is the only cross browser way I was able to find back in the day. { visibility: inherit; } Play Sound onMouseOver Cross Browser/Operating System!

<a href=“audiofile”>click to play audio</a>

simplest way to do it and will work in all browsers - it just relies on your visitor having an appropriate program to play the audio already installed on their computer.

Thanks guys!

Between the 3 of you I feel like I have some excellent and easy to implement options.

I also have some interest in this and I thinking about what felgal said about the simple link. Could you keep someone on the same page and use a/many frame(s) in which the audio clip(s) plays?

I have never used frames because I have never had a reason to, I know in general they are a bad thing, but wouldn’t this work?