HTML email formatting being changed to text

Hello I have an HTML which we send out at www.meadowlarkco.com/availableloads.html, by attaching it as text to our outlook message then sending out.

The only problem is we have an automated process though our company software which sends to this to prospective customers but what the customer receives is shown as:

HomeMeadow lark Agency Available Loads Email not displaying Correctly?View it in your browserMeadow LarkAvailable Loads   Benefits to Being a CarrierOnline booking- Skip the Step of calling in for loads or dispatchDash for Cash Program- Load your trucks around the country with Meadow Lark!Meadow Lark will post and cover your trucks- Please send us your available equipment lists to: equipmentavailable@meadowlarkco.comMeadow Lark covers over 600 loads per day.  Check out Meadow Lark’savailable load list at: www.meadowlarkco.comAgent Program- Call Meadow Lark today if you are interested in becoming a part of the Meadow Lark family.   Great benefits to trucking companies and drivers!Preferred Lanes- Send Meadow Lark your preferred lanes and we won’t waste your time with loads that don’t apply to your company.  We will only load you with loads thatappeal to your freight needs!We offer advances! Meadow Lark will give up to a total of 40% of the shipment, oncecarrier is established and has hauled their first load for usOur carrier setup process is fast and hassle free!   Dispatch Contact InformationClick below to view profiles of MeadowLark’s Dispatch TeamMeadow LarkDispatchers follow on Twitter | Like onFacebook |  Copyright © | 2011|* |MEADOW LARK AGENCY\, All rights reserved.Our mailing address is:|935 Lake Elmo Drive  Billings, MT 59105|To unsubscribe from future mailings please send email to the following linkpbowman@meadowlarkco.com

basically changing everything to text.

If someone could take a look and let me know if this may be something within the HTML of the page or possibly an exchange setting which needs to be adjusted for the mailbox which sends these out I would really appreciate it.

thanks

In Outlook (or at least older versions) there is an option to insert HTML code. So, click to write a new email message, copy the HTML code of the email (that is, the whole code for that page), click whatever button it is that allows you to insert your HTML (I don’t use Outlook), and then send. If you are using the latest Outlook (2010 and even 2007?) you may not have this option any more (I vaguely remember being told it’s not there any more, because they’ve stupidly switched to using Word integration instead). You may be able to paste your code into Word in some kind of HTML view and then suck it into Outlook, but I feel truly dirty saying that.

Another option (at least on a Mac—I’m not sure about PC) is open your email template in Safari and then go to File > Mail Contents of this Page, and it will open your mail client with the HTML email all ready to sent.

Thirdly, you can download Thunderbird, a free email client made by Mozilla (the Firefox folks) and that has a nice option to insert HTML, so that’s your most reliable option.

Mehopes that helpeth. :slight_smile:

Or just STOP SENDING SPAM… oh, did I say SPAM? I’m just assuming it’s SPAM since there’s NO LEGITIMATE REASON for LEGITIMATE E-mails to even have HTML in them.

As I reiterated in another thread, that’s why I’ve got my servers set up to route HTML E-mails to the junk bin by default. They are more headache than they are worth, no LEGITIMATE e-mail traffic has ANY excuse to be using it… so just don’t use HTML e-mails. Poof, problem solved.

Another option is to use a service like MailChimp or CampaignMonitor, which makes this all much easier and offers a lot of nice extras.

Off Topic:

I’d love to see the look on your boss’s face when you tell him/her you’ve researched the issue and decided that this is just spamming and the best solution is to stop altogether. :lol:

well when I send it manually it goes fine, its through our automated process which runs once a day then communicates with our exchange server then sends it out…I was wondering if there was some setting in exchange which causes the page to switch to just the code?