Html email?

hi everyone,

I have the need to create html email. However, I have some questions regarding this:

1. when sending html email, is it still common practice to send MIXED email message with txt version AND html version?

2. is it STILL common practice to use TABLE styling within the html email to layout the email page?

3. if the answer to question #2 is YES, can someone please direct me to a good resource that will teach me how to layout and style pages using TABLES in the markup?

these questions were either not found on google or the answers were from 2 or 3 years ago and maybe things have changed since then. thanks much in advance… :slight_smile:

Yes, still a good idea.

is it STILL common practice to use TABLE styling within the html email to layout the email page?

Yes, I’m afraid it’s still essential if you want any kind of layout at all.

can someone please direct me to a good resource that will teach me how to layout and style pages using TABLES in the markup?

This is a great resource to get you started:

CampaignMonitor is a great service for sending emails, and they have gone to a lot of trouble to make sure all of these templates work.

There are also lots of up-to-date tips on that site about email standards, and elsewhere, like here:

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

ralph.m, thank you my Aussie friend.

I will go over and disect all that you have provided.

Big ups to our brothers in Australia.

You are most welcome. Don’t hesitate to post back. HTML email is a tricky and vexing beast.

(For some reason, I was compelled to read your last post in the accent of your avatar character. Cheers to ye all in Ill-in-wa.)

the greatest line by comic book guy:
“loneliness and cheeseburgers are a dangerous mix.”

wow these email templates are going to make this process way too easy.