HTML Line Height

I am creating an HTML email so I’m trying to avoid using any css. I am having trouble adding a line height attribute to text .I have pasted below the code I have so far. The font, size, and color are all working but the line height is not. Can anyone help?

<font face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif” size=“2” line-height=“12px” color=##3B4E61 >Friday, September 26, 2008</font>

The font tag only has ace color and size attributes - there is no way of defining a line height directly in HTML.

No way at all?

Nope. Your best shot will be something like:

<font face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif” size=“2” color=“#3B4E61”><span style=“line-height:16px”>Friday, September 26, 2008</span></font>

Just keep referencing to this when coding email templates, you can quickly check if something is going to work (such as margin, have to use padding for better compatibility across clients)

Yeah, campaignmonitor is a good reference to abide by.

Good reference

HTML, an initialism of HyperText Markup Language, is the predominant markup language for Web pages. It provides a means to describe the structure of text-based information in a document — by denoting certain text as links, headings, paragraphs, lists, and so on