HTML page requirement

Hi all ,
we are in the process to build an HTML page that contains a data capture feature.
I’ve been asked to provide my technical requirements.
since I’m a trainee and have no previous experience in such projects I’d like to have your advice in the requirements below.
Would anyone please check if I need to add/modify one of them.

1. The HTML page should be cross browser compatible.
  2. The data capture fields should be well validated.
  3. The HTML page should comply with W3C standards.

Is there any requirement should be added or the above is enough ??

Your help is really very much appreciated.

Kind Regards ,
Lulu

I’m dumb, or don’t recognise the term data-capture… can you describe better what that is?

If this is an HTML form your points are good. You can have client-side validation for the purpose of helping users put the right info in the right field in the right format the first time, but all that data is tainted and your server MUST revalidate it. It’s always considered tainted.

If normal people are filling these forms in (assuming these are forms, again not certain what data capture means exactly) you’ll maybe want to do some search-engine searches for “HTML form usability” since how a form is built can really affect how much good data you get from people. That is, difficult forms will make people quit, and confusing forms may give you incorrect data.

I would presume what was meant; ‘data capture form’, which means a FORM, i.e. a method for collecting data.

Well , first thank you for the reply.
What I meant by Data capture was a form contains fields that collects data (data entered by users) and send it to xml file. the fields could be something like name , email and mobile Num etc…
I have done an extensive search via some SEs to help me specify the needed requirements for such forms ,however , all what I have seen was the above points.

Exactly