HTML problem when viewed in Firefox

Check out my page: Question Difficult problem - Access World Forums

If you look at the social buttons to the left of the Thread Tools (top right), they are horizontal in IE but vertical in Firefox.

How can I make them also horizontal in Firefox?

Thanks,

Jon

The td before the td containing those icons is set to width=“100%”, which is too wide. Try something like width=“50%”. E.g.

<td class="tcat" width="[COLOR="Red"]50%[/COLOR]">

decrease the table cell width to 50% or modfiy css file find .tcat and add width:50%

I tried that and it lets them go horizontal. However, that has also made the other buttons the right of it go too wide. Its like they have become stretched. How frustrating!

So, I can see that this partially helps but it causes a different problem.

Any solution that you can see?

Why not just set a width on every td then? E.g.

width=“10%”

If I did 10% on each, then the buttons would be too wide on a widescreen monitor and too narrow on a 4:3 monitor.

Then fix them in pixels and don’t have a fluid website.

I want a fluid website, but also want the buttons at the right to remain the correct widths. They already do except for my modification and then that’s only in Firefox. Not sure how to get around it.

I don’t know what specifically Firefox does different in this instance compared to IE.

Firefox renders it correctly. IE, generally, does not. The problem is in the construction, not the browser. Rule of thumb: construct and test in Firefox (or Chrome or Safari or even Opera), get it right, then cross your fingers and test in IE. That may change as IE9 becomes more widespread, but for previous versions, that’s the jazz.

I construct little bits, test in all (or at least Modern and IE) if it’s something I haven’t built before. Otherwise you may end up with valid code that does what it’s supposed to in Moderns but trips old IEs up. Easier to catch that at the beginning than undo heaps of code.