HTML5 Video Tag

Can those video files be run independently of the browser? Perhaps the files themselves are corrupt.

Ew, Windows hosting [holds nose and flushes toilet] …

OK, see if something like this helps: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6273607/windows-azure-serve-unknown-mp4-mime-types-in-windows-azure-iis-storage

Thanks - I can run the specific “webm” video and the “ogv” video locally through the browsers - including Opera, but once I uploaded to the server they don’t work. I am thinking it has something to do with the way the file is being served by the server- I am currently looking into this.

When I go directly to the folder on the server (Windows Platform) via the browser – the “.mp4” file runs if I double click it but, not for the other 2 – I get “page cannot be found” message. I have deleted and uploaded several times with no change. Interestingly, the “.mp4” file runs for me when I double click it from within the Opera browser.

Hey Ralph

Reading the information on the link you provided - made me think of checking the IIS so I first checked out the service providers list of registered MIME types and didn’t see the “.ogv” type or the “webm” type. I then went to the IIS Administration Console and there was an area there to add custom MIME types. So I added the 2 types and now they work on

So in short - adding it through the files we discussed wasn’t an option on this server but adding it through the console was. I really appreciate all your help and patience in helping me with this issue. I am so grateful to you, Barry and Stephen. People like you make the world a better place. I hope to pay it forward someday.

That’s fantastic! Glad it worked out, and thanks for the feedback. I guess we’ve all learned something about IIS. It’s probably a bad habit I have of not asking what kind of hosting you have before suggesting things like .htaccess. Apache is the more common kind of hosting, but not the only one. :slight_smile:

In these days of HTML5 video, it’s surprising that things like ogg and webm aren’t allowed by default. :-/