I am looking for Hosting servics but little confuse

I have an E-commerce site and accessing on sheared hosting but I am not happy with hosting services because my daily visitors are around 300 par day. Now I decide to move on VPS or Dedicated server. Which one is more affordable and suitable for my website.

I am not happy with hosting services because my daily visitors are around 300 par day

What does that have to do with the hosting service? I do not see how you are going to get any more visitors by moving to a VPS. VPS will probably cost you 10x more than shared hosting and a dedicated server is very expensive.

You need to make your website more attractive to users and advertise it better so people know it is there.

In addition to Rubble’s comments, are you using SSL for your e-commerce transactions? Many (most?) shared servers will not provide a dedicated IP address which is then required for your own secure server certificate (if you don’t provide this, expect ZERO transactions).

Regards,

DK

As Rubble said, how VPS and Dedicated servers are cheap to you? You are probably going to buy some cheap kind of servers. Take my advice, change your current hosting to another company. By the way which hosting company you’re using right now?

Thanks for your suggestions… I think sheared hosting is only good option.

You have another good option available to you. If you’ve outgrown the basic shared hosting, look into semi-dedicated/hybrid shared. They operate like VPS’s, but they don’t have the cost, or the security complexities. I’d definitely recommend looking into that option. Too often, I see people get recommended to go to VPS, but most of the time, people don’t have to go. All you need is a web host that can work with you to tune your site, and get it on a hybrid shared plan.

What are the exact technical differences between ‘hybrid shared’ and VPS? Sounds like a marketing term for a vps to me, and looking at the prices on your site they certainly aren’t cheaper…?

Shared hosting is even then better when you have hundreds of visitors, yes hosting provider should be good and reliable. No need to move on to VPS or dedicated server. Just increase web space and data transfer to suit your needs. That is it.

Hi, you can complain about shared hosting if your site needs resources more then allowed by provider, if there’re lot’s of MySQL database queries and so on.
300 visitors per day is quite enough to overload single account on the shared server and you definitely need to upgrade to VPS, dedicated usually costs more and needs some knowledge, unless you choose managed option.
<snip>

In my view Shared hosting service is not bad idea even if 300 visitors cumming to your website if your host provider services are good. As Rubble already said that both VPS and Dedicated hosting is very expensive. You just need to increase web space and data transfer with the same host. But in spite of this if you already decided that you would go for the VPS and Dedicated then you move :slight_smile:

I think moving would be better than upgrading at this point. 300 visitors per day is good, but a decent shared hosting plan can definitely accommodate the same, or larger, volume of web traffic. Take my advice, switch to a better web hosting company offering shared hosting.

Which one?

Wouldn’t want to confuse you even further :slight_smile:

But I can tell you where NOT to go. any web host under the Endurance International Group (EIG) should be a strict no-no. Look them up, about 50 web hosts under them, including BlueHost. Trust me, you don’t want to be stuck with them.

Always remember a simple rule of thumb in this case, don’t wet your hands in VPS or Dedicated servers until you get in to the thousand plus visitors figure. Unnecessary cost needs to be bared, right now your needs can be served with a normal shared hosting account. Cheers

Are you sure? I think 800 visitors per day approximately definitely warrants a VPS server. Though I could be wrong.

I do not know your webhost. But, if it’s not hostgator, you should try those guys out. Note: I am not hostgator affiliate, just a customer.

Not all VPS are very expensive. Now some well supported VPS are as low as $5/month.

Sent from my XT316 using Tapatalk 2

DW,

800/day is 0.009 visitors per second. I think your own PC could handle that with a dialup connection!

Okay, that’s a bit of an exaggeration but you need to be in the tens to hundreds per second to require any kind of dedicated service. Of course, your terms and conditions with your host could modify that (CPU usage, bandwidth, etc. restrictions).

If you’re looking for a good host (or just good answers - from the front end of the horse, so to speak), contact Matt Russell (he’s in here often) at WebHostingBuzz. As an additional benefit, I’ve just received (as a three-account customer) an 11th birthday announcement with sales on their services as well as “Monday specials” (both Booly and PriceBlink have lots of coupon offers, too) but I don’t need that to be a long-term, happy customer! Any problems on any of my three accounts (shared, Joomla and dedi) have been quickly and efficiently handled by their outstanding staff. Enough trumpeting today from a happy client - Happy Birthday, Matt!

Regards,

DK

I believe this thread has run its course and the OP hasn’t been back since Oct 19th. If you have additional questions about this topic, feel free to start a new thread. In the meantime, thread closed.