I am new to webdesign. Which is best software to create website?

Wordpress and dreamweaver are the website software that you can use specially for a newbie like you.

Hi chaitu_092. I myself really like Kompozer as my main html editor. Its very easy

to use, and best of all it’s FREE. Check it out if you get a chance. Good luck.

Dan.

you can try using CMS like wordpress or [URL=“http://www.joomla.org/”]joomla.

No, the OP was asking for the best software to use. “Joomla” and “best” don’t belong on the same page.

If you want to learn the base of web designing, I recommend to start off with using note pad first.

Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal are not web design software… they are content management systems.

I’m a reformed Dreamweaver user and a print designer who has been oh so slowly teaching myself web over the past few years.

As of now my tools are as follows:

Illustrator for static mock ups
Photoshop for image editing
Coda for the coding bit and FTP
MAMP for local development

I bought Coda about a year ago once I realized that I was too dependent on Dreamweavers wysiwyg tools. The learning curve has been steep for me, but I am noticing that I am understanding more and getting more fluid with each project that I do.

There are a lot of great replies in this thread, and here is my two cents:
Use what you are most comfortable with. It’s that simple.

What I use:
Adobe Photoshop CS5 (as well as 960.gs grid template) for design
Programmer’s Notepad for development
Xampp for a localhost server

Best of luck!

Hi ! Maybe you can try reading this article. Might be helpful for you … Reader’s Choice 2010 - Best Web Design Software - Web Design Reader’s Choice Awards

<snip/>

There are quite a lot ways to create a website…
you can either make everything on your own or you can chose ready made platforms like blogger and wordpress…

Both of them are good but you must check which on of these two is the best

/snip

WRONG! Photoshop is one of the worst pieces of software out there for designing a website. It can be great for drawing individual graphic elements, but as a tool for creating the whole site, it is absolutely awful.

Agreed. And it’s a pity so many designers still use Photoshop to design a site, and then send the developer a PSD “here ya go, make that into a website”.

(:

I have no problem with that. You have to remember that designers are there well… to design. Its the responsibility of the front-end developer to then translate the design into a working web site or application. Granted, designers who do not tend to know limitations, best practices and patterns tend to deliver work that is more challenging to recreate, but I kinda enjoy that. In my opinion that shouldn’t be looked at as a bad since it helps to evolve the technology by exposing limitations. Those same limitations people began to recognize and act upon, just look at CSS3. If people hadn’t been pushing the envelope with CSS2 I doubt we would have many of the cool new tools CSS3 makes available to us. Always remember a designer is by nature a visual person. Its not generally their job to think inside the box, but outside and its the front-end developers job to maintain the integrity of a design as best possible based on the limitations of the technology, best practices and common user interface patterns. If your a front-end developer and your expecting to be handed ONLY the images that you need by a designer to recreate the layout your dreaming. Then again I may have a somewhat skewed definition of a designer in that from the experience they are the ones that supply two or three static mock-ups of key pages. Its then the front-developers job to translate them as best possible to an actual web presence. Some people tend to think its the designers job to do everything but I have never worked at the company where that was so. There has always been a separation of work force between the two from where I stand.

Well, the irritating bit for me is that I don’t much fancy shelling out wads of money every time there’s a new photoshop. And GiMP’s PSD handling isn’t really 100% correct.

chaitu_092,

That depends on what you want to accomplish with your website. I have built websites with flash (not recommended for most purposes), from scratch (both the old-school way with only html and tables and in recent years with pure css designs), and using each of several CMS (content management systems). CMS is certainly the easiest way to get up and running as quickly as possibly with a professional looking website for a newbie. Wordpress works well for blog styles and you can use a plugin called “All in one SEO Pack” which works nicely for SEO. Joomla works well for bigger sites, and Drupal is probably the easiest to use. If you use Joomla or Drupal, RocketTheme makes a free template called afterburner that loads fast and works with SEO.

Hope that helps.

1. Get a free text editor. I use EditPad.

http://www.editpadlite.com/download.html

1. Use CSS Creator’s Layout Engine to get yourself a barebones index.htm and style.css template:

http://csscreator.com/version2/pagelayout.php

Select View >> Page Source from your browser to get the HTML code.

1. Use W3C’s Tutorials to figure out what all the code means and how to add and format content.

http://www.w3schools.com/cert/default.asp

1. Pat yourself on the back and give everyone you know a chance to do so as well.

2. If you want a book, I’d recommend Kraynack’s Complete Idiot.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-HTML5-CSS3/dp/1615640843/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310082162&sr=8-1

You can probably get it at your library.

I’d have to agree, notepad is the first step.:eye:

As far as designing your website is concerned you have many editors that can help you out like the Dreamweaver, wordpress etc. But from the SEO point of view it has got nothing to do with the editors instead depends on the content that you use in your website.

Everything that needs to be said has been said, and it looks as though the OP has vanished anyway …

Thank you all for your input! :slight_smile:

Threads closed.