I am now afraid to post any reply

That’s good to hear :), however it appears from the reaction to my suggestion that some other members do have an issue with what might be said on other websites even if it isn’t defamatory but simply facts.

I’m not against that as such, I’m just saying I personally find it odd one would refrain to such measures without first giving the person who in your opinion is lying a chance to defend themselves. It may have simply been a case of misunderstanding from either side, which on the internet where basic emotions are missing and you can’t see the other person is very easy to happen.

I agree in general with what you say, but in this case felgall was challenged at least twice to post evidence to support his “legal advice” and on all occasions he failed to post any evidence at all and eventually the thread was closed.

Closing the thread is then a clear indication to me that no further public domain correspondence is wished to be entered into. So if I wanted to continue the discussion in a public forum, as everyone is entitled to do, then an option is to do so on another website.