$(‘a.poplight[href^=#]’).click(function() {
var popID = $(this).attr(‘rel’); //Get Popup Name
var popURL = $(this).attr(‘href’); //Get Popup href to define size

//Pull Query & Variables from href URL
var query= popURL.split('?');
var dim= query[1].split('&');
var popWidth = dim[0].split('=')[1]; //Gets the first query string value

//Fade in the Popup and add close button
$('#' + popID).fadeIn().css({ 'width': Number( popWidth ) }).prepend('&lt;a href="#" class="close"&gt;&lt;img src="images/about.jpg" class="btn_close" title="Close Window" alt="Close" /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;'  );

//Define margin for center alignment (vertical   horizontal) - we add 80px to the height/width to accomodate for the padding  and border width defined in the css
var popMargTop = ($('#' + popID).height() + 80) / 2;
var popMargLeft = ($('#' + popID).width() + 80) / 2;

//Apply Margin to Popup
$('#' + popID).css({
    'margin-top' : -popMargTop,
    'margin-left' : -popMargLeft
});

//Fade in Background
$('body').append('&lt;div id="fade"&gt;&lt;/div&gt;'); //Add the fade layer to bottom of the body tag.
$('#fade').css({'filter' : 'alpha(opacity=80)'}).fadeIn(); //Fade in the fade layer - .css({'filter' : 'alpha(opacity=80)'}) is used to fix the IE Bug on fading transparencies 

return false;

});

//Close Popups and Fade Layer
$(‘a.close, #fade’).live(‘click’, function() { //When clicking on the close or fade layer…
$(‘#fade , .popup_block’).fadeOut(function() {
$(‘#fade, a.close’).remove(); //fade them both out
});
return false;
});
});
</script>

Is there a question in there somewhere? :shifty:

How can I make the window close and stop any audio the my be playing in the window?

How is the audio playing? If it’s via HTML5 audio you can just tell that to stop playing through javascript. If it’s playing through flash you can tell javascript to tell flash to stop playing, google for “flash javascript communication”

As for closing the window, you could just do

$('#' + popID).fadeOut('slow');

(or just .hide() instead of .fadeOut(‘slow’) to instantly hide it)

I am using it for a youtube video. Right now you close the window but the audio is still playing. I want to make it so that the audio stops when the window is closed.

You can control the YouTube player through javascript if you embed it using their JS API, see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1094397/how-can-i-stop-a-video-with-javascript-in-youtube :slight_smile: