I give up

I’m done ladies and gentlemen. After having this idea run around in my head for ten years, and actively trying to bring it to reality for two, I have reached the end the road. I went from webforms to mvc, to mvc with ddd, back to vanilla mvc, and just today I found myself coding some php. I don’t know exactly why, but nothing about any of the current languages or frameworks sits well with me. I simply don’t like any of it. Nothing works the way I want it to, and I can’t work the way they need. Not to mention, I have six kids to feed. Not being employed all this time has hurt us badly. Therefore, I quit. I’m not wasting any more time on this. I’m deinstalling the server for win7, and never looking back.

Later.

You’ve been good to me.

I always learn from your posts. I may not understand them as you know lots more than I do but they make me think.
:slight_smile:

Sitting on it sounds like a good idea. Sometimes perspective changes when you back away for a while and let the dust settle. Often for me I come back with fresh ideas and more energy.

I’m considering it. Thought I may sit on it a while first. It’s in such a state of disarray at the moment, there isn’t really even anything to put up.

Anyway, thanks for saying something Mark.

Instead of tossing everything, why not release it as some sort of open source project? Let others take off with what you’ve started?

oh boy…

I would advise you to take an hour off every night to read this book: 7 Habits of Highly Effective Men by Stephen C.

Your life will be much better… now as to programming… best luck on a job hunt!

I’m actually going back to college (started last week). I’m going for a sysadmin/networking degree (CCNA). It’s more technical then abstract and right up my alley.

I don’t want you guys to think I’m depressed or anything. I’m just being realistic with the limited amount of progress I was making compared to the other things I have to do in my life.

=)