I need a new domain name registrar

Is this the right place to ask for recommendations? My old registrar is giving me a hard time and I need a new one where registering names costs US$10 or less and one that has an agreeable user interface.

Thanks for your help.

Who is your present registrar?

Thanks and regards,
{snip}

I’d rather not say. Your service does not seem to be on ICANN’s accredited list:

http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/accredited-list.html

Would you mind letting us know what is domain name extension you are interested in? prices could be different from domain name registrar to registrar according to that.

.com .org .net .info

Some of the popular ones are : GoDaddy, ENOM, NameCheap, Register.com.

DirectI is ICANN’s accredited registrar and best in our view. They serve only through resellers.

Good luck.

I have domains with both Godaddy and Namecheap and both are very competitively priced.
I prefer Namecheap as they don’t try as upsell so many other services and have a better interface.

Both are very popular though.

Thanks for the reply. I suppose you have bulk domain name registration in mind? In this case I recommend you ask potential domain name registrar for the discounts they can provide for bulk registration.

I would add Moniker to the list. :slight_smile:

I’ve got domains with Godaddy, Enom, 1 & 1 and haven’t had any problems with them. Godaddy’s website is a nightmare to use but thankfully I only need to visit it once in a while.

Jack

Namecheap is the best for me. Good discounts, great service…

Accepting offer as all in one from any web hosting or domain name registrar company you need to make sure that domain name belongs to you. That could be that company giving you domain name for free or at low cost register domain name for themselves.

Been there, done that! There are no such things as unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage and “free” domain names. My second web host offered all three and it was a disaster, they went broke and I lost the domain name. Since then I make sure the domain name registrar and the web host are two different entities.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

You can use the same hosting company for domain name and hosting. You are right that the ones that offer free everything wind up going out of business. If you buy domain name no matter what you own it for how long you bought it for even if company goes under you should be able to switch it over to another one.

I am using godaddy and name.com without any problem.

I buy domain names from ReSell.biz
$6.67/yr. not bad. They offer hosting too.

I liked Enom. So far they are not working with end users. They were great domain name registrar.

I mainly use godaddy for 90% of my many domains that i have,never had any problems with them but as i understand the hosting side of the business is not the best.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went with MyDomain and I’m happy so far. :slight_smile: