I need to write a program in Javascript. Where do I start?

I’m not a programmer. I’m really starting from scratch

I need to draw a picture by overlaying many png files. To describe what I want the program to do I’ll use a car as an example and pretend that I’m a car salesman (I’m not)

I’m a car salesman and I want to show people the car that they want to buy. I want to assemble a picture of the car depending on what color and accessories they want

I’ll have several transperancies of diffent items such as

green car
red car
blue car
mag wheels
standard wheels
chrome bumper
black bumper
tinted windows
clear windows

I’d like a Javascript program that the customer can draw a green car with standard wheels and tinted windows and a chrome bumper

Has anyone seen a website that does similar to what I described?

I know what you mean. It probably will require the use of conditions and arrays in Javascript. I myself am new to Javascript by making baby steps, which is better then no steps at all.

i have seen something similar here http://www.autowaretech3.net/nextwheels/andys_ecomm.htm hope it helps out.

Can someone please write an example of the program so that I can modify it?

As I said, I know nothing about programming and I don’t know if that’s an unreasonable request.

I don’t know if this program would take 10 minutes or 2 days.

Attached are png files that can be assembled to draw a blue, red, or green car with 2 types of wheels, 2 types of window and 2 different backgrounds.

Thanking you

I think your best bet is to put the picture together with each layer except the base layer hidden. Then based on the selection of the user you would hide the visible layer and show the selection. I would use jquery to accomplish the task but I am only a novice in javascripting. It would take me a day or so to do this but you could get it done really quickly by someone who is proficient in scripting. If you don’t mind paying for the code you can post your request on ELance.com or try posting in the Javascript forum here at Sitepoint and someone there can help you more.

Thank you I may do that. I didn’t know where to look. You also confirmed my suspition. It good programmer can do this in a short time.