I want to break into the gaming scene!

Has anyone here successfully broke into the online gaming scene? I do not really wish to create my own game, but to sell my game script I have created which is very unique. I believe people do not want to spend a couple hundred on any game script. The game script allows the creation of more of an actual RPG then those popular mafia games. If I can’t break into the scene that way, maybe I should just develop a game with my script?

I have a friend that makes his living with an online gaming script. I think the key is building a base of users. Once you have that, you make money (assuming you planned the business right).

Well, it can be difficult to monetize ‘web only’ games. Have you considered adopting your game script to run on the iPhone or Android devices? You would probably have more success selling your script - or developing a game on those platforms.

Many game developers are selling their games for only a few bucks on the mobile marketplaces and earn a killing on the sheer volume of people who download and pay for apps right now.