I Want to change the widgets size because it doesnt look good

With luck, it might be only the .css file that needs editing.

But I’d need to see a bit of the HTML mark-up to know.
The widget div and several container elements up should be enough for a try.

Hi Mittineague ,
Can you tell me step by step how to do that ? because I am newbie

I also found some solutions on the web but I didnt try them because I dont know how

this is first one from this forum http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=9940

You just have to determine the selector for that particular widget (I use the Firebug extension for Firefox) and use code similar to the following which removes the border from your green coupon and centers the image.

div#text-4 {border:none;text-align:center;}

the second one from this site http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/1403/ecopro-sidebar-how-to-remove-border-around-text-widget/p1
I want you to try adding this to your CSS Stylesheet or Custom Code area:

#text-3{border:0px}

Will these solutions work ?
If they will , Can you please explain to me this step and how can I do it ?

You just have to determine the selector for that particular widget (I use the Firebug extension for Firefox)

No, they are CSS solutions, but if they had worked, we would have suggested them and not moved you to the CMS forum.

Those special classes don’t exist in your template, so we can’t do something like that. That’s why you need to dig in to your template files and find the section where this sidebar is generated.

What I mean is what you see in view-source of the page’s generated output.

Hello
What I see is long text that i dont understand !
I dont know which part should I edit ?

Sorry, but the page still won’t load for me and I waited for 5 minutes. IMHO most people won’t wait anywhere near as long and if people can’t see the page you have more to worry about than a border they’ll never see. (try clearing your browser cache and see how long it takes for the page to load in for you).

If you don’t have a fairly good grasp of HTML then I advise you to not edit any .html and even moreso not any .php files.

So we seem to be at a standstill. I can’t get at the mark-up, and you don’t understand what I need to see.

I’ll give it one more shot and if you still don’t know what I mean try browsing http://reference.sitepoint.com/html until you get a feel for the terminology and then try to find in the view-source the sections that look like

<div id="leftContent">
<div id="smallwidgets">
<div id="smallwidgetsRight">
<div id="smallwidgetsleft">
<div id="widgets">

and post the mark-up for the one that has your problem widget in it.

I found this
</div><!–End largWidgetCenter –>
<div class=“largWidgetBottom”>
</div><!–End largWidgetBottom –>
</div><!–End Widget –><div class=“widget”>
<div class=“topWedgit”><h2>اعلانات</h2></div><!–End top widget –>
<div class=“largWidgetCenter”> <div class=“textwidget”><p><script type=“text/javascript”><!–
google_ad_client = “ca-pub-6533543319570699”;
/* Special Posts */
google_ad_slot = “1512753854”;
google_ad_width = 300;
google_ad_height = 250;
//–>
</script><br />
<script type=“text/javascript”
src=“http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js”>

Now what should I do ?
and where do I need to edit ?
</script></p>
</div>
</div><!–End largWidgetCenter –>
<div class=“largWidgetBottom”>
</div><!–End largWidgetBottom –>
</div><!–End Widget –>

OK, thanks, that’s a good start.

First, add this to your CSS file and see if the selector targets exactly what you want and nothing else.

div#leftContent div#widgets div.widget div.largWidgetCenter + div.textWidget + p {
  border: 2px solid #0ff ;
 } 

** might need to add

• ins + ins#aswift_1_anchor + iframe
    after the p

Hello Mittineague
There is another problem happened recently

this error appears

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hamooz10/public_html/arabjailbreak.com/wp-content/themes/Arabjailbreak/functions.php:1) in /home/hamooz10/public_html/arabjailbreak.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 881

it appears when I try to activate any plugins and when I try to add the code you gave me to the CSS file ?
I am worried , I hope nothing went wrong
Can you help me to get rid of that error message ?

Ok I fixed that problem
anyway , I added that code to the css file and nothing changed !

div#leftContent div#widgets div.widget div.largWidgetCenter + div.textWidget + p {
}

Sorry, the inconsistent naming format threw me. It should be lowercase w. Try this

div#leftContent div#widgets div:first-child div.largWidgetCenter div.textwidget p {
}

If that isn’t the border you’re targeting, try without the ending p

this code didnt work with me to remove the border of the widget !

It isn’t meant to. It should put a 2 pixel blue-green border around the elememt the CSS selector is targeting.

In order to have any chance at removing the border, you first need to know how to pinpoint it, and it alone.

I am disappointed that i couldnt fix this problem
Can I give you access to the site to help me fix this problem ?

and I also have got another problem I dont know what forum should I put it
this problem is I cant preview any pages before i publish , when i try to preview a page this error appears

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare register_my_menus() (previously declared in /home/hamooz10/public_html/arabjailbreak.com/wp-content/themes/Arabjailbreak/functions.php:32) in /home/hamooz10/public_html/arabjailbreak.com/wp-content/themes/Arabjailbreak/functions.php on line 36

Can someone help me to fix this problem ? and why it suddenly happened ?

Hi everyone
I just made it
after long time searching in the web I could make the ad appear without the frame behind it
I will tell you how to do that
1- make new widget ( register new widget in functions.php )
2- make it appear in the sidebar by putting some code in sidebar.php file
3- drag a text to the new widget and thats it . this widget will appear with no frame behind it