I want to design a website with WordPress

hi
i’m new here. i want to design my business website using WordPress, but i have been read so many articles where authors clearly saying that WordPress is not secure platform to build a website. it is often targeted by hackers. please guide me.

There is plenty of security plugins just to mention Better wp security. So if you will take care, install security plugins and properly configure your server it would be hard for hacker to break into.

Welcome to the forums

Is Wordpress the best option for your content and business needs? There are plenty more content systems available that don’t suffer as many security issues…

thanks for your suggestion peterorl but mostly security like Better wp or itheme slow down my website is there any solution to have secure and speedy wp site?

thank you peterorl . i have installed WP / itheme security plugin, due to installation my wp site become slow. is there any way to have Secure and speedy Wp site.

Wht do you mean by ‘slow’. How do you measure this ?

WordPress is now the most used CMS out there - hence hack rates are higher. Its more secure than a lot of standalone options. Its slightly bulky but if your a dev and now how to use dependencies like grunt i’d suggest using http://roots.io/starter-theme/ its very good.

front page load time takes to much time , i have checked load time at Google page speed analyzer , and my website score is around about 68/100

yeah . thanks for your nice suggestion … this is very helpful for me :

To get a good idea of many basic WordPress core features like adding dynamic content you can also download an even more basic theme that has no styling, but has many wordpress features. You can review the code and see how they achieve dynamic menus, displaying posts etc. http://underscores.me/

hi,

What kind of business site??? If you are looking for E-commerce site, Open cart is the best choice for security reasons. And the WordPress is best if you have just content management sites like classifieds, article directory, etc.,
<snip>