I want to get paid for adding banner ads to my site - what's the best company to use?

I have earned NOTHING from commission junction in four months so I am drooping them like a hot potato.

I want to add pay-per-click banners to my site that has lots of traffic but I am not using my internet real estate very very and want to make better use of it.

Is PPC the most profitable? (I’ve read about other acronyms also, CTR, CPC,…)

What are some top companies to use to find pay-per-click ads that pay well?

Many thanks!

1 Like

CPC? AdSense.

yes check out google’s adsense…

Is PPC the most profitable? (I’ve read about other acronyms also, CTR, CPC,…)

It dependson the market. Pay per click is obviously a bidding system. The more competitive the market is, the more you’ll get per click. It also depends who your audience is, as some audiences will click ads more freely than others. Best thing to do is try it, look at your eCPM, and then look to see if you could possibly find CPM banners that pay more.

right - what I meant was get paid for DISPLAYING ads - impressions.

What are some good companies to offer that? CLick-throughs were not high on my site and I realize that impressions will pay less, probable.

I recomment adsense for u as mentioned before :wink:
Give it a try, u won’t lose anyway

Well you said you have a lot of traffic so maybe CPM is better for you instead.

what does CPM stand for?

CPM = cost per thousand

But which company has the best rate of CPM?

Oh that’s easy. You can find that information here.

i noticed you already use fasclick, it’s certainly one of the best
you can also apply to caslemedia, burstmedia and tribal fusion

There is no “BEST” network. Each one has the positives and negatives. If you know of one though, please tell me. I am dying to find a perfect network. :slight_smile:

ya like online guide said : there isnt any perfect network. Although, tribal fusion is good for me when it comes to cpm. And adsense is great when it comes to pay per click.

But fastclick always shows me the free Ads, so I’ll have to search another Ad provider. :mad:

LOL

Anyways, I suggest trying everything yourself. Never hurts to try. I personaly think that adsense is the best one. But I dont have fastclick or any of ther other ones. So I guess Im not in a position to say. Good luck.

you do not seem to use fasclick properly
fastclick offer a default system where you add a default banner using other networks when they do not have a paying ad for you

I’ve made some good money with Fastclick (and more every month!).
I might try Adsense at some point, but they won’t take you if you have any “under construction” pages (which I have) so I have to change some things first.
I am trying out two others right now, Valueclick and MusicVision…will let you know if I make any money from them!

Suzanne Lanoue

does CPM also means it pays per impressions?

in this case, CPM is the cost per thousand impression am i right?

what is the usual rate?

and also, can i put both adsense and CPM banner together?

thanks