I want to learn Advanced HTML5 and CSS3?

Can anyone suggest me which is the best Institute to learn Advanced HTML5 and CSS3

How do you learn best? Watching, doing, reading? Personally, I learn the best by watching others. I’ve found The Lodge over at CSS Tricks to be a great resource for me.

1 Like

There are a lot of good books to learn HTML5 and CSS3, but you could check out CodeAcademy

I don’t think that Code Academy goes that far although it is a good place to learn

It is hard to find good schools or places to learn advanced HTML and CSS. I would say that, obviously, the spec in W3C.org is one of them (after all, it is the official documentation).

I think that you can search here for Paul O’Brien’s CSS challenges and try to do them yourself (and them reading the answers). That should get you started.

Simply search for CSS - Test your skill. You’ll find plenty of them (be aware that this is the first day that we’re using Discourse as the forum platform and things don’t look as pretty as we want them to look because we’re still cleaning migratiion minor format changes)

I’ve always found books to be the best resource for advanced material. The following book is my go-to for advanced HTML5 and CSS3: The Definitive Guide to HTML5.

Site point is the place checkout the books and vids

The Best Institute is your preferred search engine(yahoo,google,bing,etc…), and then some tools that will help you play around with what you learn, “as you learn it”.

Not long after you complete a curriculum associated with Html5 and Css3, you’ll find yourself realizing that you are soon to be out dated. Css4 and Html6 will arrive possibly, and then you are in what web designers already accept as reality, “A Never Ending Learning Cycle”. Once someone finishes learning at a school, they don’t go back often to learn these new technologies. No, instead they find themselves nested and cozy on the pages of google.

What you need to know to get started is just a google search away, and the same technique will keep you always updated and current with the times.

All that being said, you’ll need some ways to practice what you learn, and in a seemingly painless manner that gets more advanced as you go. Codepen.io is a good place to take “advanced” snippets from tutorials you find on the web, and then tinker with them for deeper understanding. Coffeecup Html Editor is another resource that lets you see your work in real time, and with little understanding of web server technologies.

Once you’ve found yourself comfortable with the “tinkering” approach, you’ll then be likely ready to use a server and host your own actual files that make up a website. For this, there are a bunch of options that range in features and compatibility with various operating systems. Wamp and xampp are 2 click server installs that can get you started on Windows based computers. You will want to make the jump to a server as quickly as possible. There isn’t much to learn to get started with it, but there is a lot to learn to master server management. The sooner you start, the better you’ll be. This holds especially true if you have hopes of increasing your skill set into Programming Languages like PHP, Ruby, Python, etc… Database management, and server setup can be quite complex at the later stages, so having a foot already in the door helps.

Codeacademy is good for starting out, Khan Academy and Lynda.com are as well. In full though, googling for help and answers will be the best resource you will ever get, and it will hold true throughout the course of your career.

You can also try some HTML5 examples from tutorialspoint.com

I think the keyword here is “Advanced”

IMHO the only way to get there is through practice and experience. i.e. It’s not something that can be taught, you just have to get there.

I agree with @mittineague Having said that, it is true that in addition to our skill test (most of them advanced to crazy advanced), SitePoint has a few courses through learnable.com which does explain some advanced techniques

To this day, I have yet to find a class that doesn’t teach outdated methods or offer best practices. All classes are run by has-beens who don’t truly understand the subject. I’m very disappointed in this aspect.

I’m a professional web developer (HTML/CSS specialty) and I learned just by making this my passion. Read articles, stay on forums like this one and read every thread - try to fix every problem and if you don’t get it, then don’t worry. Read the given answer and understand why that is like that.

Reading the spec is something I’d eventually do but that should be a side project.

When I was learning in high school, I had many computer classes. I’d be on Sitepoint every class and reading article inbetween assignments. Then I’d come home to do more coding practice. It just takes time and you have to keep on top of it. Changes to HTML/CSS happen decently often.
I have a few demos at my website. The first demo is pure HTML/CSS and you can study it. All my demos are yours to practice with. Play with the code, tinker with it. Take sections out and see what specific code segments do what

http://www.codefundamentals.com/demos/

Edit-
I think you have the wrong understanding of CSS3. I am willing to say that you can be elite at CSS while knowing little to no CSS3. CSS2.1 knowledge is 90% of a web page. I’d take a look at the CSS3 specification and see what has enough support to FEASIBLY be used - but I’d study mostly CSS2.1 and that aspect.

The best way to learn how to do something is to start doing it. The find out what you don’t know, and fill in the gaps, one by one.

Also, find a mentor or make a friend with someone who is more advanced than you.

best way to learning html5 and css3 is doing. Because practile is more powerfull and we understand easily.For html5 many book avilable in market.