I want to learn Javascript? Best way?

Im going to make an effort at learning javascript. I often use jQuery but i really don’t know anything about how to customize the different scripts etc that im using, and i want to be able to write my own stuff.
Im currently studying webdevelopment on UNI lvl but there is a lack of JS courses in the program, its not as much about front-end that i would like.

So anyone have any good tips for on resources for learning Javascript?

thanks in advance

I think you’re better off with learning it yourself anyway . . . classes just move too slow. To get started I always look for a “weekend crash course” or something like “Learn in 2 weeks”. That way it moves more quickly and gets you into the language right away. It gives you a nice baseline then you can look for books or online tutorials that will teach you in more detail.

For Javascript, I used “Javascript Weekend Crash Course” by Steven Disbrow. But, that was several years ago (2001?) so there are probably newer books that would be better. I found his courses easy to follow, yet still covering enough that I was able to do quite a bit with Javascript immediately.

Good luck and enjoy!

thanks for the tip! I think il order the book, its really cheap anyway!=) If i will find any better ones il order them to haha=)

Great! :slight_smile:

Hi,

You might also consider checking out some of the sticky threads in this forum, for example:

JavaScript books help
JavaScript Links & Resources