I was offered a new job!

[quote]You’re starting with a strong foundation if you’ve used Joomla before, even if it was a few years ago. We’ll be here to help if you need a hand!
[/quote]
Thank you very much, Ophelie! :slight_smile: I’m excited. I want to do my best at this job. This means working quickly, confidently and efficiently. I want to exceed expectations! I want to give my employer a large return on their investment.

2 Likes

Congratulations

2 Likes

You’ll do fine. As the others have said, you’ve got the foundation. You’re obviously willing to put in extra effort to learn the platform and be good at your job, and your employer probably can tell that about you. Just learn what you need to, do what you need to, and enjoy it. The more skills you develop there, too, the more marketable your resume will be in the future!

2 Likes

Congrats on the new job. I started my current job at the end of 2013 and Joomla was the main CMS that was being used. I had no experience with it and just a little Wordpress experience. Like others have said if you have the foundation then you should be able to pick it up quickly. I think I got it figured out after about 2-3 months.

You’ll do great. Just have fun learning what’s in front of you right now. Then as you progress you can start learning new things as well. Bootstrap is a really popular one right now to learn. There’s a ton of resources out there. Just keep at it and keep learning.

Good Luck!

2 Likes

The coffee reply is just mean…I liked it.

2 Likes

Congrats for your new Job…i wish you find this job really very good and working

Post edited by TechnoBear to remove fake signature

2 Likes

Congratulations mate! I wish your all dreams come true and you get name and fame and whatever you deserve… Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Hey…Congratulations!

I recommend being humble and not making waves.

Best of luck and please keep us informed of your progress.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Congratulation with your new job!
Just be with your self and be kind to all your co-workers.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. The job is going very well. I wish I was doing more design. I have to come up to speed in that arena. It’s been years. But I am doing a lot of joomla work, as well as other work. Any suggestions on giving SLAMB DUNK design to a very picky boss? :wink:

Congratulations. If that is just the designing part then its fine. I would recommend to install security modules on Joomla. Cause Joomla is easily hacked in case you don’t do regular updates. Keep a backup always. All the best wishes.

1 Like

Joomla, WordPress, et al; seems like a few security alerts/updates every month. I’d rather make it from scratch, myself, but I recognise and acknowledge the appeal of turnkey CMS solutions.

V/r,

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Best of luck for future

1 Like

Congrats to you… Start with your confidence and finish with full support of all :slight_smile: Happy working…

1 Like

The job seems to be going very, very well. In fact, it is going very, very well. I’m really up to speed on Joomla. However, I wish I was doing more graphics.

Hi, only just now seeing this; hearty congrats! I remember how it was when you were between jobs here on the forums. Great to hear it’s still going well too.

=^.^=

1 Like

Congratulations!
Sir please clear me one point that.
Is it full-time, part-time, contract, paid or a favour to friends?

1 Like

It’s a full time job. At least the hours are fill time. I have to wait a year for any retirement plan. And I opted out (for now), out of medical benefits since I already have them under my wife’s plan. The job pays okay but not great. But it’s awesome to be working again! :smiley:

3 Likes

Sadly the job came to an end almost two weeks ago. :frowning: They decided to send my work overseas.