I would like a mobile site/ app for an existing website

Hi,
I would like a mobile site/ app for my existing website (http://www.solicitor.info/) what is the best and cheapest way to do it?
Thanks,

David

Hi wsd

This is the perfect scenario for a responsive design approach.

I also see that you have the HTML5 boiler point in play along with modernizr.js
What are you using besides <nav> <header> <footer>?
Are you using any CSS3?

A lot of your CSS/JS code is redundant and just creating more loading time for your user.

You could easily just add the below and remove modernizr completely:

<!--[if lte IE 8]>
            <script>
                document.createElement('header');
                document.createElement('aside');
                document.createElement('nav');
                document.createElement('article');
                document.createElement('figure');
                document.createElement('figcaption');
                document.createElement('footer');
            </script>
        <![endif]-->     

Barry

There is no cheap way. It will have to be redesigned from scratch.

Use HTML 5 and CSS 3.0 to design your website. Choose any programming platform like .Net MVC 4 to develop mobile applications using Visual Studio 2010. You could also use Java. Most of them have development tools necessary to build a mobile application.
Once developed test in an emulator and finally in a few devices like htc, iphone, blackberry, etc

You don’t have many pages on your site. If you have no coding experience, then the best and cheapest way is to hire a web site designer who has done web site/mobile phone makeovers in the past. That way it’ll be done right the first time.

If you already have web site design coding experience, then the best and cheapest way is to learn about responsive design and decide whether you want a whole new site just for mobile, or a hybrid/responsive design for mobile and desktop. If this fits you, you’ll want to look at my Makeover links on this page to get started:

If you want to get a high-quality mobile website you should better hire the professional developers’ team. Choosing between mobile website version and native mobile app make sure you understand their difference http://sixrevisions.com/mobile/native-app-vs-mobile-web-app-comparison/ In case you need our assistance in the app development feel free to provide me with more specific information.