iCal functionality

Hi,

I put iCal on my site which works great in Firefox but doesnt seem to display in IE, is there any way this can be fixed?
I’d appreciate if someone can have a look at this for me.

Events | PrimaryCareCommunity

Cheers, Adey

What is changedate() and where is it defined? Should it even be called? That’s the missing function that’s called from the inline onload event, which is causing Internet Explorer to come to a stop.

i’m not too sure to be honest i’m sorry I am new to all this javascript stuff, could I send you the .js files to take a look at?

Adey

What I’m trying to point out is that the attempt to call a non-existing function is causing Internet Explorer to stop working.

A possible solution is to remove that call to the non-existing function.

OK, I have removed onload=“changedate(‘return’)” from the <body> tag because i cant find changedate in the 2 .js files

I did think this was the command that told the event calendar what date it was to display, but this is not the case because removing it did not effect the calendar in firefox and still displays the correct date, however it also has not affected the calendar in IE, still not displaying correctly.

[QUOTE=adejones;4911708removing it did not effect the calendar in firefox and still displays the correct date, however it also has not affected the calendar in IE, still not displaying correctly.[/QUOTE]

There may not be a one-stop wonder solution, but step by step we can work through the problem, helping you to understand the techniques involved.

The web page seems to be working well in IE9. Could it be an earlier version of Internet Explorer where the trouble is seen, or are you having issues with IE9 too?

If you are, it might be an internationalization date issue. If not, further investigation can occur with the version of IE that you are experiencing the problem with.

I have tested it with IE7 and IE8 and it doesn’t work with those, to be honest I haven’t tried IE9.

Have attached an image of what is on the screen in IE7 and IE8.

Notice the footer doesnt come together with the main body under the calendar too so there may be some css issues, i have my main sheet (style.css) but the calendar also has a seperate stylesheet (master.css) so do you think it may be worth pasting all that is in master.css in to style.css and just work from the 1? Or will that have no effect?

I appreciate your help.

Adey

I have just done some googling for the author of this iCal and found that he has now made a new iCal plugin for wordpress so I think I will give that a try and hopefully he has fixed the IE issues in it.
This is the iCal: WordPress › DTM iCal Events Agenda « WordPress Plugins