iCal, ics file format, adding to calendar not overwriting

Is there a way, does anyone know, to have events in an ics file for iCal, in a subscription situation, in iCal, to have the events added to what’s already there? Behave in an accumulative way rather than in an overwriting way?

Say there’s an event every day, and say it’s been going for a week, so there’s 7 events. And iCal has and is displaying those 7 events over the past week. The next day, event/day 8 is published. In order to have iCal keep the previous 7 events, those 7 events need to be in the ics file. So there’s 8 events. If the ics file only had the new 8th day’s event, the previous 7 get deleted. So after a year say, the ics file is going to have to have 365 events in. What I want is for just new events to be added to the already existing ones.

Does anyone know if that’s possible, if there’s a way? I have full control over the ics file and iCal.

One of the fields in the ics format is METHOD. Commonly PUBLISH is used. There’s another possibility for that field called ADD. I thought excellent. I’ve tried a number of things using that and none of them have worked. There’s also REQUEST for the method field but that didn’t help either.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.