Idea I have for dynamic portfolio entries; need to know how to implement it

Right now I’m hosting a work-in-progress portfolio at http://keithpickering.zxq.net/portfolio. Right now, you click a thumbnail and it zooms in with FancyBox. Simple. But it’s all static html, and I’m thinking of setting it up so when you click a thumbnail, a box will pop up showing a slideshow of multiple images of the project, along with a title and description for the project at the side.

The way I’m thinking this will be handled is that I can add a view.php file to be loaded by FancyBox. When you click a thumbnail, it’ll open view.php, but customized with that project’s variables. So view.php will be something like this:

<div id="portentry">
<div id="portinfo">
<h2><?php echo $title; ?></h2>
<p><?php echo $description; ?></p>
</div>
<div id="portgal">
(Code for a jquery slideshow; I haven't chosen one yet)
</div>
</div>

But I need a way to get the title, description, and images from a specific directory depending on which thumbnail was clicked.

Let’s say view.php is located in the /portfolio/ directory. Also within that directory, I would have /projects/. Within /projects/, I’d have (for example) /project1/, /project2/, and /project3/. Each one of THOSE directories would have an /images/ directory containing all the project images (thumb.jpg, 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg, etc), along with a php file that defines that project’s variables. So something like this:

<?php
$title="Entry Title";
$description="Entry Description";
?>

My problem is how I can make these variables appear in their appropriate places on the view.php page depending on which thumbnail is clicked.

Let me know if this makes any sense. Thanks!