IE 7 Navigation Problems

Hello,

I’m transferring a site over to wordpress and I’m having ie7 problems with the navigation. It works everywhere else. I’m not quite sure how to fix it. I’m not sure if wordpress is adding styles and stuff to mess it up because the non-wordpress version of the site works fine and I pretty much used the styles they had.

Site is still in progress. Just trying to get the header going.

Mixers Lounge | Just another WordPress site

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!
Daniel

• I’d specify widths in the li’s since IE7 is probably thinking that they don’t exist now. This will give IE 7 something definite to work with probably.

Hi,

Don’t specify a width on the anchors or list but make sure the main parent has a width.

e.g.

*+html #navArea_1{width:675px}/* ie7*/
* html #navArea_1{width:675px}/* ie6*/

That seems to fix it although you seem to have several levels of nestings that aren’t used there.

Thanks so much!

Hi I’m back.

Yes the navigation is working but some pages are not loading at all. One of the pages is the About page.

Page just won’t load. IE7 only. Any ideas?

Hi,

You can’t really add position:relative to elements in IE7 unless you also give them haslayout as they become unreliable.

This should do the trick.

#main_inner{zoom:1.0}

Hi Sorry I posed in the wrong thread. I just want to confirm that the change you suggest is for ie7.css That’s where it was last time…

Never mind. I stuck it in and it works! Thanks again for your help