IE problem

There is a testimonial to the right of the picture on this page. In firefox the testimonial show up, but in IE it shows up centered at the top of the page. Can anyone figure out how to make it look right in IE?

http://underpressurewash.com/Commercial-Pressure-Washing.html

It’s also messed up in Opera, Safari and Chrome here… Which leads me to the conclusion if it is working in FF, it is doing so due to incorrect behaviors, not correct ones.

Rayzur is correct in pointing out your validation errors, unclosed tags/invalid markup are the leading cause of broken layouts… With 77 validation errors that’s not even HTML, it’s gibberish.

We take a look under the hood and It’s filled with wasteful code and unnecessarily hacks - from jquery for nothing to pngfix types stuff when there’s nothing on the page that should NEED alpha transparency, to two or three times as many div as necessary, a slew of unnecessary classes and ID’s, improper heading orders, outdated nonsense like clearing div… even such absurdity as wasting javascript on a static image.

… and that’s before we talk fixed metric (aka px) fonts on the content, line-breaks doing padding’s job…

You’ve got a lot to fix in the markup ALONE before worrying about layout.

Thanks for the responses. Just to be clear, I did not write this code - it was a friend who does not regularly create websites. I am just fixing it for him due to several user-end flaws.

Hi,
You have multiple errors on that page which include errors in the div you are having problems with.

You did not close the <p> tag that the text is in and the img to the left was not closed either.

Fix the errors and it is likely to work in IE, regardless they need to be fixed before going any further.