IE6 problems in sidebar

On the site here everything seems ok except for ie6 the content in the sidebar gets ‘pushed’ down more than half way. I tried changing the padding and the margin but it did not work.
Also, the tabs for the video on the right are not working right. Can anyone lead me in the right direction.
Thank you

The only thing I can say is why are you trying to get this to work in IE6? I did test in IE7 and I see the same problem. My CSS skills are not that strong so hopefully someone else can give you advice to get this to work properly in IE7 and up.

Hello :slight_smile:

At the moment i dont have IE 6 or 7 near so i cant say much. At the moment, your layout_body is 995px wide, while it contains 2 items.
One which is the main, which is also 995px wide, which is the same amount as the container, though u also have your side_nav next to it with a total width of 240px(padding included), so next to eachother that will in total give you 1235px while their container is only 995px wide…

So what u could try is setting the .main to the same width as the .content within it, which will be 720px and also give it a float.

.main {
    float: right;
    width: 720px;
}

I can’t test this for myself so please someone correct me if im wrong :slight_smile:

I’ve only looked quickly and it looks to me as though the closing div for #main is closing after Content when I believe it should be closing after the side column so that #main contains both columns.

Move the closing div into the correct place and then adjust the styles in the IE6 stylesheet where you have set #layout_body to have a margin-left of 109px for some strange reason.

It also looks like you need to hide the overflow from the slider.

.one-half{overflow:hidden}
#layout_body{
	margin:auto!important;
}

<div class="navigation"> </div>
   </div>
 </div>[B]<!-- move this closing div so that it closes after #sidemenu -->[/B]
 <div id="sidemenu" class="sidenav">