IE6 rendering problems

Hi everyone,

I’m back again with another related question from a previous post about a week ago. A similar page on the site that I’m creating is not rendering correctly in IE6 even though it’s perfectly fine in all modern browsers. I’ve tried creating a separate ie6 css file and have targeted it with conditional comments however my tweaks haven’t helped the layout. The file is at the following URL:

http://example.com/business/index.php

I have used a lot of display: inline css rules in the ie6.css file, which target a possible double margin problem but this hasn’t seemed to help. The side menu is still dropping down and the logo is for some reason jumping up toward the top of the layout. I’m using a script (IE8.js) that’s supposed to solve png transparency problems in ie6 and below, eg.

<!–[if lte IE 8]>
<script src=“…/ie7/IE8.js” type=“text/javascript”>IE7_PNG_SUFFIX=“.png”;</script>
<script src=“…/ie7/ie7-squish.js” type=“text/javascript”></script>
<![endif]–>

If I take this script out then the logo jumps down to where it’s supposed to be but of course it loses its transparency and the layout goes haywire. The following alternate URL illustrates this:

http://example.com/business/index(b).php

I’ve been trying to solve this for the past week but I’m getting nowhere fast. Would anyone be able to help me solve this?

Again, really appreciate any advice on offer.

IE6 is long obsolete. The use of IE6 is dropping by the day. Youtube, Google Docs, and others are dropping support for IE6. You should, too.

You should, too.
Personal preference cheesedude. I’ve visited 2 big clients in the past 10 days for job interviews, IE6 is the main browser for their development teams and still networked over thousands of machines in the company. There is no getting away from it… IE6 is still here and very popular.

Some companies are still that far behind that I’ve had to start building websites using <tables> :nono:

It’s not that IE6 is popular in corporates, it’s just that upgrading is very expensive for them, and especially in this economy they can’t justify a reason to upgrade :).