IE8 and below - Javascript not working...?

Hi all,

Im just testing a site Ive built online (BETA Verison currently) and I cannot get either of my forms Javascript to kick in when trying to submit the form with empty fields, works fine across all modern browsers, Im just wondering if I should have a <no script> tag in telling the user they need Javascript activated in order for the page to work correctly.
Otherwise I can turn off/remove the Javascript but then Im relying on the server side validation to kick in, which is the incorrect way of going about it, as its an unneccessary work load for the server to cope with.

Any thoughts/comments would be well appreciated

Javascript in form will not work in IE 8 or below.

Also just found that the title attribute doesnt seen to be working in IE 8 and below aswell, I have tried moving the attribute from in 1 example the <a> tag to the <li> tag, but that change didnt work either…

Domain is : www.news-ball.co.uk/test (then either of the 2 forms: order an epc or contact)

Thanks

When I remove the maps on the contact page, the form then behaves correctly in IE8, so there’s something about the map there causing the problem.

No you should not do that, for you are then just giving up.

You are completely wrong there. Server validation is and should always be the first line defense. Using JavaScript to enhance the user experience by cathing problems before the form is submitted is well and good, but reliance on JavaScript for validation will only lead to sorrow.

Hi Paul,

Ive just commented out the map as seen below, and yes the page is not looking pretty, but the Javascript is still not working when I click the submit button when all input fields are empty. I take it from your comment saying you managed to achieve the form being sent once the map was removed, have I obviously done something wrong with my commenting out ?

<!--<div id="map">
			<iframe width="300" height="325" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=384+Wood+End+Road+WV11+1YD&amp;aq=0&amp;sll=52.561383,-1.950863&amp;sspn=0.247948,0.837021&amp;vpsrc=0&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=384+Wood+End+Rd,+Wolverhampton,+West+Midlands+WV11+1YD,+United+Kingdom&amp;t=m&amp;ll=52.614045,-2.0856&amp;spn=0.016937,0.025749&amp;z=14&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=384+Wood+End+Road+WV11+1YD&amp;aq=0&amp;sll=52.561383,-1.950863&amp;sspn=0.247948,0.837021&amp;vpsrc=0&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=384+Wood+End+Rd,+Wolverhampton,+West+Midlands+WV11+1YD,+United+Kingdom&amp;t=m&amp;ll=52.614045,-2.0856&amp;spn=0.016937,0.025749&amp;z=14" target="_blank">View Larger Map</a></small>
		</div>-->