IE8 problem some text not display

I’m trying to fix this bug in IE8 for this page
http://www.mintankesmie.no/innovasjon.php

It seem like it is a render problem but I can not find the real reason of this bug

The problem is text is not display in some part of the middle section.
However, it will display after you move a mouse over it or select it.

I found the similar bug in sitepoint and they suggest to add
visibility:visible;

Unfortunately it doesn’t help me fix this bug.

Is there anyone have this kind of problem before and how to fix it?

There is a IE bug which has been described as the peekaboo bug. See the following

You has a div class=“columns” inside a div class=“wrap” inside a div class=“content”. The two divs within the div class=“columns” are both floats.
I believe the div class=“columns” will inherit the position: relative style from the div class=“content”.

The bug fix would suggest that giving the .columns selector in style.css a style zoom:1 should resolve the problem.

I have tried to open it, though it’s very slow, but i open it fanally and display test normal in IE 8, then i try it in firefox, it doesn’t display!
I don’t know where the problem come from the site or the broswer

@Philip
Thank for your reply.

However I found this bug in IE8 not IE6 and your reference site also note that this bug has been suppressed since in IE7.

I also try to add zoom:1 in .columns but it doesn’t help :frowning:

@Thinkerll
the page are made from around 10 included files so it might be slow in some computer.
It display fine in my FF 3.6 and chrome.
The problem in IE8 is in the middle content, if you scroll down to 10th paragraph you will see some gap.
When you hover mouse above the gap the text will display.
The text can also display by select the text.

Sorry it did not work - I’m afraid it was not possible to test it before suggesting it.

I know the article referred to IE6 but it did sound very similar.

IE8 have a lots of bug that’s why i does not use IE8 to open website .I think you try to need edit text live with IE8 its live web editor tools available check it.Its really tension work to set your website on IE.

Had another look - Saving a copy of the page and working from that.

What I wanted to do was crop bits out until I got something more manageable to experiment with.

What I did find was that removing the script Innovasjon_files/ddaccordion.js made the problem go away.

I notice that you are using version 1.7 or this script and the current version is 1.9. It might be worth while upgrading.

Thank PhilipToop

I update to version 1.9 as you suggested and even change left menu to jquery UI accordion.
Unfortunately, the problem still exist :confused:

I think the problem come from the hiding effect added by accordion.

Today I add position absolute to the left accordion menu as I suspect them coursing the problem to the middle content

However it doesn’t solve the problem in IE8
So the effect added by accordion isn’t the problem.

No sure that this disproves it is related to the accordion.

If you take the accordion out the problem goes away. Admittedly this does not prove it is the accordion either.

In my understanding, by changing accordion menu to absolute position should remove any possible effect on the middle content.

So I guess it is some kind of javascripts effect. not to mention that the other similar page doesn’t have this problem or at least I still doesn’t notice it :rolleyes:

Sorry for going on about the accordion. Everything I do seems to point to it being the cause.

What I have found is in javascript jqscripts.js. There is an init request for the accordion. One of the parameters is togglehtml which is an array of three values. You currently have this a “prefix” following by two empty strings - which is not doing anything useful. If you change it to “none” the problem goes away.

@PhilipToop
Thank you, the problem is now gone.
It is strange that just one additional empty span cause this problem or maybe the javascripts using to make this effect cause this problem.

The another strange thing is Jquery UI accordion is also making this kind of bug.

Anyway I don’t think that I gonna dig down to the source of this problem :rolleyes: