If Conditional on PDO query

I have a section where I want a user to be able to post a comment, or post a comment with an image. I have gone from one query to two trying to get the conditional statement to work.

At this point, the first query is ignored whether I have an image file to upload or not.

Can anyone see where I am going wrong?

Thank You

Gary

$image = $_POST['image'];

if(isset($_POST['image'])){                         // have had if(isset($_POST['com'])) did not work either

$comments = trim($_POST['comments']);

$image_file = $_FILES['image']['name'];
$image_type = $_FILES['image']['type'];
$image_size = $_FILES['image']['size'];

if(!empty($image_file)){
      if (($image_type == 'image/gif') || ($image_type == 'image/jpeg') || ($image_type == 'image/pjpeg') || ($image_type == 'image/png') && ($image_size < 3000000))  {
        if ($_FILES['image']['error'] == 0) {
          // Move the file to the target upload folder
          $target = 'imagesmemorial'. '/' . $image_file;
 		  if(move_uploaded_file($_FILES['image']['tmp_name'], $target)){

$sqlic = "INSERT INTO uimages (userid, mem_id, image, comments) VALUES (:userid, :mem_id, :image, :comments)";
$qic = $conn->prepare($sqlic);
$qic->execute(array(':userid'=> $userid_m, ':mem_id'=>$mem_id, ":image"=>$image_file, ':comments'=>$comments));
			}
		}
	}
}

}else{

if(isset($_POST['com']) && !isset($_POST['images'])){ // have had set as empty()

$sqlicn = "INSERT INTO uimages (userid, mem_id,comments) VALUES (:userid, :mem_id,  :comments)";
$qicn = $conn->prepare($sqlicn);
$qicn->execute(array(':userid'=> $userid_m, ':mem_id'=>$mem_id,  ':comments'=>$comments));
}
}

Looks like this place has died, time to move to stackoverflow.

have you tried checking what the actual data being posted looks like? There really isn’t enough code provided to tell if the conditions are being provided.

Rob

Thank you for your reply. The script I posted is the entirety of the code, I don’t know what else I could have posted (both statements work on their own, the connection works fine, the rest of the page also works fine).

It would seem the only part that is failing is the conditional, and I have tried empty(). !empty() isset(), !isset(). !==‘’, ==‘’.

I had it all contained within one query, then separated the queries in case the empty INSERT was the issue (which should not have been the case). I set conditionals for if the $image was empty to call it NULL.

Thank you again for your reply, I will post the answer once I find it. I do have it working now but am getting double entries on each post.

Thanks

Gary

have you tried doing a var_dump($_POST); before the conditional statement?
Try filling out the form and adding the var_dump($_POST);
Then post the result. It will help determine how the structure of your form data is actually laid out. The provided code looks fine to me as far as logically processing so it makes me think that you maybe have a typo in one of the inputs you are trying to parse.

So the script is running to execute the query it’s just giving you the desired results?

The var_dump was not productive, it would show NULL even with the image being processed as desired.

I finally solved the issue by setting the conditional to ask if the first query was true. The code is below incase you were interested.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Gary

if(isset($_POST['com'])){
$image = $_POST['image'];
}
if($_POST['image']!==''){
$image_file = $_FILES['image']['name'];
$image_type = $_FILES['image']['type'];
$image_size = $_FILES['image']['size']; 
}
	if(!empty($image_file)){
      if (($image_type == 'image/gif') || ($image_type == 'image/jpeg') || ($image_type == 'image/pjpeg') || ($image_type == 'image/png') && ($image_size < 3000000))  {
        if ($_FILES['image']['error'] == 0) {
          // Move the file to the target upload folder
          $target = 'imagesmemorial'. '/' . $image_file;
 		  if(move_uploaded_file($_FILES['image']['tmp_name'], $target)){

$sqlic = "INSERT INTO uimages (userid, mem_id, image, comments) VALUES (:userid, :mem_id, :image, :comments)"; 
$qic = $conn->prepare($sqlic);
$qic->execute(array(':userid'=> $userid_m, ':mem_id'=>$mem_id, ":image"=>$image_file, ':comments'=>$comments));
				}
			}
		}
	}

if ($sqlic ==true){
//
}else{
$sqlicn = "INSERT INTO uimages (userid, mem_id, comments) VALUES (:userid, :mem_id,   :comments)"; 
$qicn = $conn->prepare($sqlicn);
$qicn->execute(array(':userid'=> $userid_m, ':mem_id'=>$mem_id,  ':comments'=>$comments));
}

hmm, if the var_dump($_POST) is returning null, it makes me think that the actual form is sending a $_GET instead of post. glad to hear that you got it working though.

You could try var_dump($_REQUEST) to see if you are getting anything at all.