If you could go anywhere on vacation

If you could go anywhere on vacation (within reason), where would you go?

I have been looking at cruises (too much of that Samantha Brown on Travel channel - makes cruises look like a pretty sound choice though) and also thinking about Mexico, as they are used to and tolerant of Americans and the dollar still has some power there. I wouldn’t mind just going to one place and getting to know it and experience it, rather that island hopping on a cruise ship either.

But haven’t made up my mind yet. I do know that I want get away from it all for up to 2 weeks with my girl though - and sometime soon.

Any idears?

I want to go to the US to visit my friends, and of course to Greece:)

Would love to visit the Swiss alps, the great barrier reef in Australia, and Bali Indonesia. Live here in Costa Rica and have seen many many great things but I look forwards to seeing what else is out there in the world:)

I want to go everywhere! Only been to about 25 countries so far, so I have a long way to go - and it gets harder as you get older!

I take it you’re from the USA? For a nearby vacation Canada and Mexico (the safe bits, like Yucatan peninsula) have some amazing experiences to offer. South America too. Haven’t been to Machu Pichu yet, but it and Argentina are both high on my MUST SEE list.

More obscure - try diving off the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world - Caye Kulker off Belize. Stunning.

More close by - if you haven’t been to Yosemite, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Zion Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Arches NP, Canyonlands and Monument Valley yet then you’ve missed the best bits of the states.

/edit - My next goal is Ankor Wat (however it’s spelled!)

Right now Hawaii

I would like to go London.

Have you read any news on Mexico lately?..
Kidnapping violence might turn into the next Somalia any day.

I used to go to Mexico every other winter but not now… Same with all the people I know that used to go there, they all come back saying it is geet worse every week.

If I could go anywhere it would be tropical Pacific islands, Costa Rica or maybe the Philippines.
I would probably go to the Philippines because I have not been there yet.

^I actually know some people who have been effected by the kidnappings. However I was thinking of a cruise that maybe started in Mexico, not staying in Mexico City for any length of time…

But you mentioned some other places - that is what I am after - other suggestions. Cost of course is a consideration too, so the more accessible to NYC the better, but somewhere warm would be nice too :)!

Have you considered Jersey? I here it is lovely this time of year. :stuck_out_tongue:

Na, just kidding. :shifty:

[FONT=“Georgia”]So for I’ve done…

• St. Lucia
  • Antigua
  • Montserrat

And I want to do…

• Anna Maria Island
  • St. Kitts
  • St. Vincent
  • Cuba
  • Colombia
  • Dubai
  • Hong Kong
  • Ireland
  • Japan

…probably in that order. Of course, any others I may do in-between would be awesome :smiley:

[/FONT]

Gonna see Ryan Adams & The Cardinals (if he decides he still wants to play - wah, wah, wah) in Jersey shortly :D!

That, IKEA (though we have one in Redhook now) and seeing Yo La Tengo at Maxwell’s are the only reason I ever set foot there. Though that pocket in the northwest corner, near the [URL=“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delaware_Water_Gap”]Delaware Water Gap is really pretty, if remote.

Poor Jersey - if only it didn’t have so many Superfund sites, it might not get such a bad rap :lol:.

Nice list - gives me some new places to consider .

I’ve not done much vacation in my life. Not sure why. But I’ve lived in different countries.

• Libya (8 years)
  • Malta (2 years)
  • England (on vacation)
  • Netherlands (on vacation)

Countries I’d love to visit and will at some point:

• Scottland
  • Ireland
  • New Zealand
  • Israel
  • Sweden
  • Italy
  • Egypt

Well, I posted it once – but my post disappeared – so here it is again: Blackpool.

James

I’d love to go to…

Hongkong
Japan
Greece
England

Number one on my list is North Korea. Second would probably be Belarus. I’d like to go to the US again sometime too, especially the Midwest.

Anywhere but here.

Do you know about The Triangle Bermuda?
I want go to there and see what happen in there…:slight_smile:
Just kidding…

I would like to go to some exotic resorts…I simply love the beach :weee:
Bora Bora
Fiji
Maldive
Bali :slight_smile:

I would like to go in tagaytay, with my special someone, spend time together, horse riding, where we can both rest ourselves from pressures at work…