If You're In London, Let Us Buy You A Beer

As a SitePoint reader, be it of our books, websites or any of that other fun stuff, we’d like to invite you to our London pub meet-up on Thursday, August 16th in Soho.

We’d love to buy you a beer, a glass of wine, or possibly even three, while you chat with your fellow web compatriots, some of the SitePoint team, and maybe even a SitePoint author or two.

If free beer isn’t enough to entice you, we’ll be giving away some SitePoint goodies. This is a great opportunity to network, exchange ideas, and help us build the future of SitePoint.

So please, keep this date free:

Thursday, August 16th, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Upstairs at The Crown & Two Chairmen
31-32 Dean St, London, W1D 3SB.

Spaces are limited, but all you need to do to grab yourself a spot is to RSVP to pub@sitepoint.com before August 10th 2012.

No, no, no… you’ve got it all wrong… London is very nice (Olympics and all) but the place to be is Madrid… sunny, welcoming people, fantastic food…

That’s even more true when you organize a meetup on a Thursday so I can’t go :mad: :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: are we going to see any pictures or you will tell us how it went? That would be fun.

edit2: I did my thing (FB and Twitter). I know. I’m such a good person that I DO DESERVE that beer…in Madrid :stuck_out_tongue:

shame it’s a so early or not at the weekend. I’m not far from london but couldn’t get there from work until it finished.

edit: yup, for sure

edit2: Appreciated :slight_smile:

Likewise - Thursday, really? I’d probably get there just for 8pm when everyone was leaving. Shame.

Ohhh man, I am going back to Cyprus on the 15th :slight_smile:

Why stick to cities? We have stunning scenery, beautiful sandy beaches, eight whisky distilleries and a real ale brewery - beat that for appeal. :lol:

YES! Next SitePoint meeting in SCOTLAND! Free whiskies beat free beers!

You forgot about the most important thing… I’m am in Madrid :smiley:

Scotland is indeed awesome. I love Edinburgh as a city!

You still don’t get it… Scotland is beautiful and gorgeous… but I’m not there and I’m the one who’s important :shifty:

Heh, I think they have planes and trains these days to travel a long way quite quickly :stuck_out_tongue:

I think some people are ignoring you molona :slight_smile:

Isn’t Madrid one of the hotest places in Spain at this time of the year? You should use it as an excuse to come to somewhere nice and cool.

Well then, I guess I know where I’ll be on August 16!

That’s a pretty [COLOR=#ff0000]scary-looking area[/COLOR], and I speak as a Londoner. It’s a good thing it finishes a 8pm, there’ll be just enough daylight left to get back to the station.

Looks like a normal street to me. Why is it scary?

Looks pretty creepy to me. Just Photoshop some Dark into it and it could be the scene for an urban fantasy… with vampires, werewolves of London, murderers, time travel and Jack the Ripper.

Narrated by Vincent Price and Alfred Hitchcock.

Sounds pretty awesome actually, fighting crime and bad code and SQL injections, but I have a wedding the day before and we’ll be drinking deep into the night.

Soho has a certain - reputation. You can get a great education reading the business cards in the 'phone boxes. :eek2: It’s a long time since I was last there, but I never found the area too scary. My husband worked there before we were married (as a clergyman, I hasten to add :lol:).

Father Ted??

As guido said, it looks OK to me. Nice cars etc. I know of Soho’s bad reputation from 19th Century novels, but thought that had changed now. (But will take Technobear’s word for it that it’s still got a certain … reputation.)