If You're In London, Let Us Buy You A Beer

Famous last words.

Well, I seen suburbs in other countries with streets lined with burnt out/burning cars, and angry young gangs in hoodies lining the streets armed with weapons, marching towards our moving car and glaring at us. Ha ha, we took a wrong turn and ended up there by mistake. And we decided to ignore the speed limit!

(And if you’re wondering, no, it wasn’t in some war torn country. It was in the US. :lol: )

:rofl:

All Spain is hot during the summer. Madrid goes around 35º C. Bearable because it is dry heat. But at 20:00 the temperature lowers and it is very nice and it is just right.

And there are some other places that are hotter. Madrid is 700 m above sea level and sourrounded by mountains so it gets some fresh air from time to time (specially at night) :smiley:

@Stormrider; I don’t have holidays so I can’t go anywhere unless it is weekend… and anyway after I moved I’m quite broke. Therefore Madrid is the place to go. And anyway, it would be nice to have you around here and show my city. That’s something that I couldn’t do if we were in Scotland! (next time we will go there, @TechnoBear, there are some touristic visits pending in my book around those areas)

Free beer? I’m there! :slight_smile: Be good to finally meet some people in the industry and talk geek for a few hours!

I’d like to go but I’m supposed to be somewhere else that evening.

Wish I could but lack of funds and had to SORN my car :frowning:

Maybe I could join you on another day, would love to meet people with similar interests. I’m the only one of my friends that does any type of programming. I try to talk about it with them but they all do the “way over my head” sign! (Which I’d probably do if I met you guys!)

I don’t know what SORN is but it sounds bad.

Not too bad, by the sound of it:

Statutory Off Road Notification

Only for a week or so hopefully, I’ve a small site to do for a friend but he’s been slack with the photo’s. He turned up yesterday with them but had no text so now I have to wait for that. It’s good though as they are kind of sponsoring me while I develop the back end. They don’t mind the editor not being fully functional as long as they know they can come to me for small changes in the meantime. Patience and perseverance :slight_smile:

is there any more offers like this