<iframe> height issue and negative margins

I’m trying to display an entire page in an iframe which looks exactly how I want it if I statically set the height in pixels. Then I want to hide the footer on that page so I use a negative margin. The problem is that the iframe content is not controlled by myself and changes in height with dynamically generated content. I’ve tried setting height to 100% but this doesn’t seem to work. All this does is show like 200px of the content when the entire page is over 2000px long.

How do I go about showing a static width iframe with a full 100% height with a -100px bottom margin and no scrolling allowed?

Here is my current code:

<iframe src="[redacted]" width="312px" height="100%" scrolling="no" frameborder="no">
  <p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
</iframe>

are you sure about using iframes. As i know google dose not like them and you might be sandboxed. Make sure i might be wrong. Search in google about iframes.

Nonsense. Google itself uses iframes to allow users to embed its maps into other sites.

I’m not worried about indexing as it’s an internal use site. I’m more concerned about getting it to actually work. Maybe I should be asking in the CSS forum?

That’s probably the best idea - ask for the thread to be moved. I don’t normally use iframes, so I’m not much help here. I believe there are some limitations on styling iframes. I suppose height:auto doesn’t work?

Just gave that a try with no success. I’ll try to contact someone to move the thread to the CSS forum.

You should try this code:

See example 2. It fixes the height problem. You can add a footer aswel.
You can style your scrollbars as you like.

Thanks for your suggestion but what I ended up doing was scrapping iframes altogether. I used PHP with the cURL extension to pull the information I wanted from the site and then used PHP DOM class to structure it with my own HTML and CSS.