I'm new to pinterest

I realize people like pictures and visual aids.
I have a fB fanpage and twitter and have been working those. I run an offline business that is decor related and artsy so pinterest i am assuming is definitely a must have as far as online marketing goes.

any advice tips to grow following there would appreciated. I’ve created a board for the company with brief description of who/what we are. Pinned up stuff from our blog, web gallery and what not. (had some random folks repin within days) Again our focus on our blog/site is through pictures so there’s no shortage of them.

should i create other boards with competitors pins or closely related niches “crafts” etc and hope people follow those boards and get curious to see my company board? just focus on the one company board? try the twitter route and follow loads of others in my area/niche and hope they return the favor?

Hello

With Pinterest, and al of my other social networking profiles i try to stick to this phrase: “Content is King”

Original Content will get you repins and followers. You want to take the time to find other interesting, related content and repin that as well.

Stay Engaged with people who repin you. Those are the folks searching out whatever niche you’re trying to build up. It will take some time, but you should do fine.

A

Thanks, i was thinking i should be finding other related content as well. Didnt even think of repinning, i was only thinking pinning. thanks!

Everyone jumps into social thinking of what they can create but the results come from when you participate. Be more than just a broadcaster whether that’s repinning, commenting, or helping curate.

Thanks ted, I will take your advice here and in my other thread into account. Definitely makes sense and understandable.

Is pinterest so useful? i have also registered in pinterest and submitted many liks or images but havent observed any benefit.

Well, I don’t think that all kind of sites are suitable to use Pinterest. I mean, what if your site let’s say about online marketing. In online marketing, there are few photos and some are just representation on the article or description of the site. The main factor in online marketing is articles not the photos.
However, since your site is decor related this site is good for your business. If you want to create a blog I advise you to use Tumblr, its picture oriented site as well. Invest also in article marketing, write article about your product and submit it to press release sites. Good luck to you.

Yes there have been an immense crowd at pinterest and if you have decor business. You can definitely upload your work picture there.

But remember it’s just like any other social network site, so first you need to be there and interact, follow people’s board, repin their pictures, comment on their pictures. After then share your pictures ask people to repin it. Be little creative, any pretty and creative pictures do attract people.

All the best!

I think a lot of sites would disagree there. Amazon.com for one. Have you ever made an on-line purchase of a product without seeing the products photo?

Im preferring to blog. Amazon is not a blog. I’m just suggesting Tumblr to sparklingexpress if he wants a blog where he could post a pictures or board. I don’t have any problem to what he choose, Amazons is great site too!

Youre choice is awsome, pinterest is a great choice to market your products, we all know pinterest traffic mostly are female and since you said that your products are decors and art then go ahead and share those,

Spend some time sharing and follow others pin on the same interest as with your business, comment and interact thats the main goal or reason behind all this community based online social community.

Do not only share picture but let the picture speak for themselves and don’t forget to add some magical description along with the image.

Had a question regarding me following and pinning images. Are we supposed to pin images that is mentioned in my interest list or is it possible for me to pin other category images?

Have you checked pinterest support and/or FAQs? I imagine your question would be answered on their site.

This is exactly what I would recommend. Unlike many similar sites, simply following people (Twitter?) won’t give you too many followers on Pinterest. If you don’t post quality content (and quite often too), you’ll never get any help from Pinterest in promoting your own stuff.

when I joined pinterest, I got fascinated with the kinds of photos most people had shared. The images are like taken by professional photographers.

I think you can share the photos of your decor/artistry works for people to see. You can categorize them into boards, depending on the type of decor works.

When you got everything set up, try to follow other pinterest users and like photos that interests you. Be active and socialize with the other users.

All of you have got pinterest, but I can not get an id with it, that need Invitation code!

Pinterest no longer requires invite codes to sign up.

Pinterest is a good platform to promote our product especially through images. But for a fine social marketing we should use multiple social networks to spread our business and product around the world. We should use these networks like facebook, twitter, myspace , bebo, kasbee, google plus, and linked in. If we use these networks for just two hour we’ll get huge inorganic traffic to our product or website.

I have found this to be true as well. I’ve found the most success with posting items on Pinterest that are highly visual and that don’t have a shelf life. For any kind of news that has an expiration date, I like twitter and facebook better - because you don’t want to have to go edit your pin board when a coupon or offer expires. But for ‘evergreen’ content - especially that which caters to moms or designers, it’s great. Also, as Ted mentioned, it’s really important to repin and engage in the community as much as possible.

Somebody already said again “Content is King in internet world”. If you share only links and images but you can’t add fresh content for your links and images. You can’t get success in any social networking websites.