I'm working on google penguin update but keyword ranking dropped why?

After google penguin update, I’m working on 40% of exact keyword match and 60% of using brand name strategies since last 10 days after 10 days I’m chking my keyword ranking, I found my keyword rank dropped compare than last ranking reports update. plz tel me why

To recover form Penguin Update, use this strategy. Log in to your Web master profile and check your latest links from Links to your Site menu in Traffic. Download the latest links and check for spammy links in it.

[FONT=Verdana]

And then do what about them?
[/FONT]

We can either remove them manually or by Google disavow links tool.

[FONT=Verdana]

Thank you. If you’re going to offer advice, remember to explain the whole procedure. We have a lot of beginners here, so you shouldn’t assume people will know what to do next. :slight_smile:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]

The trouble is that spammy links are, by definition, links to your site from other sites. You don’t have any control over them, and you cannot yourself remove them. The best you can do is to try to contact the operators of the sites in question and ask them to remove the links, but that’s a hit-and-miss affair, and there’s no guarantee that it will succeed. Of course, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try.

Google’s disavow tool is a better bet, but be aware that it could take several weeks to work.

Mike
[/FONT]

Also make sure ONLY to use Google’s disavow tool when you are 100% sure that you’re dealing with a spam link. Submitting many URLs through the tool might bring negative effects on your SERP rankings!

For one - never use googs analytics or that dreaded disavow tool.

Now more than ever, it’s easy for a low-life competitor to spam your site with crap links in order to drop it in the rankings (called negative seo). Seriously, the googs does not care… they want you to pay for ads - that’s the truth no matter what they say in public interviews.

To bring serp life back to your site, build high quality links (quality - not quantity) and focus on 10% main keyword and 90% lsi and general terms with consistancy. …and have patience.

Why not? If you’re going to make sweeping statements like that, you should at least explain your reasoning. :slight_smile:

You got it TechnoBear - cause the data mine you (footprints). They want all your info so they can see what your doing - where your getting links - how your promoting. In the end they want you to PAY for ads.

Mind you this is my opinion based on experience - so take it with a grain of salt, but please take time to think about it.

Google have seen this trick being used to often and have implemented combat tactics recently. Very few people know the ins and outs of this, but it another step against keyword manipulation.
Since Panda, if not before, the best seo advice is: create more content of high(er) quality rather than trying to outsmart the algorithms. Google employ some of the best talent in the world, and the chances that an amateur is/will be able to beat them are very slim indeed.

[FONT=verdana]

Sorry, but this doesn’t make much sense.

I can see your point that Google Analytics is giving Google information about the behaviour of your visitors. But how does it let them “see what you are doing” (“you” being the site operator in this case)? And how does the disavow tool give them any information that they don’t already have?

Above all, what are you talking about when you say they want you to pay for ads? Of course Google wants advertisers to pay for ads. That’s what they’re in business for. But what’s that got to do with the subject we are discussing?

Mike

[/FONT]

Cause TechnoBear asked is why I answered. Google pays very close attention to YOU now more than ever - think about it. They have stockholders to please. Using that disavow tool is like admitting guilt and just to keep you spinning your wheels… so you’ll give up on SEO and just pay for ads. My opinion.

Hmmm…why not tracking all the all the backlinks of your website, then change the exact anchor text to junk anchors or with your URL. Do you think it will works?

With all due respect, that is just plain nonsense.
The reason Google earn mega bucks from advertising, is that so many people use their outstanding search engine. Without huge numbers of organic organic results to choose from, their search engine would lose its attraction, the millions of daily users would stop using it, and their advertising income stream would dry up.

[font=verdana]Not at all. There are plenty of reasons why you might have spammy links to a site that don’t impart guilt on your behalf. They may have been created for a previous site at the same domain. They may have been planted by a competitor. They may have been added to a site that was reputable but has since lost its way and become spammy. The fact that you are trying to remove them does not implicate you in any wrongdoing.

so you’ll give up on SEO and just pay for ads. My opinion.

An opinion you are entitled to, but not one that I can see a whole lot of evidence for. Yes, Google have to look at how they can monetise their product range, but they are not going to do that by sabotaging their organic search results. That is what has built them up to be the biggest force in the communications world today – by having the best organic search results bar none. If they stop giving people the best results then people will stop using them for search, and if they stop using them for search then they will stop using them for everything else as well. A huge part of Google’s marketing strategy is its whiter-than-white reputation, and if there was any evidence to suggest that they were manipulating search results in order to steer people towards paying for ads then they would be dead in the water.[/font]

The concept of Panda and Penguin update is not to have an exact number of links (Anchors).
Panda and Penguin were released for only one purpose to kill the spam websites with low value of content and low value of links.

Okay, so where is the trick now?

1. Panda (Content)
    Panda is all about content - How you optimize your content, how you put your links within your site, how you socialize your site with social-networking sites:
    1.Do not use your keyword a lot on your content.
    2.Do not use the same keyword on your tag or keyword section
    3.Social Networking site or so called social signals (Likes,Shares,Google +, Tweets)
    These are the most important factors when it comes to the On-Page optimization.

2. Penguin (Link-Building) - How to create quality backlinks, how to avoid spam links, how to be more natural in link building:
Backlinks are the main factors that give points to the search engines - Sites with the most points are ranked higher.
So in the Penguin update, Google has been taking care of spam links. Nowadays you should build natural links like :
In-Content Links, Co-Citation Links, Forum Links, Blog comments (All of these links should come from sites that have authority in the Search Engines).

Some type of links work 100x times better than some of other types, you should find which one work the best.

So it is not how much in percentage you optimize your anchor, it is all how you do SEO without using anchors.

Remember, anchor texts nowadays should be used only in-content links (Blog Posts,Article Directories… Etc.)

Hope i could help you.