Image description under image

Hi…I’m using lcarousellite to display thumbnails in one div and when a thumbnail is clicked on it displays the fullsize image in another div, that part works OK. Where I’m having trouble is trying to come up with a way to display the description of whatever thumbnail is clicked under the fullsized image. I thought about using photoshop to make a area under the image where I could put the description but I need a hypertext link in the description also and there’s no simple way to add a link to an image in photoshop that I know of. I had a minor stroke a month ago and thats not helping my “writers block” If somebody would point me in the right direction I could get started on a script instead of wondering which way to go…thank you.

Hi GRM47. Sorry to hear about your stroke.

Have you modified the original jcarousellite gallery? Looking at the original, it doesn’t seem to have a way to enlarge images. Do you have a live link to your work?

Hi ralph.m thanks for the reply…the only changes I made to the jcarousellite script are adding a few of the options I wanted to it, heres the script for jcarousellite…

<script>

$(document).ready(function() {
$(“.preview_style”).jCarouselLite({
btnNext: “.next”,
btnPrev: “.prev”,
verticle:true,
circular:true,
speed:200,
visible:3,
start:0,

});

});

</script>

it works fine with the exception that it slides the wrong way, meaning when you click the previous button (the button pointing up) the images slide down instead of up and vice-versa. but that’s another story. The image description problem is I can click the thumbnail and the big image appears in <div id=“imgMain” class=“mainimg”> Below that div I have a div the same width as the imgMain div but only 80px high, that’s where I’d like the image description to go but I’m not sure how to go about it. I declared and initialized an array with one subscript to see if I was on the right track in making it output the subscript in <div id=“project”> but I couldn’t figure out how to make it work by using a if statement, its a really simple function too :slight_smile:
I know it won’t work for every thumbnail as it is but I wanted to see if I was on the right track. I’m on the tail end of school for web design (talk about mostly worthless outdated ways of doing things) so this minor stroke came at a bad time, I find it hard to concentrate now like when I need to write code like js or PHP

I forgot to post a link of what I’m working on here it is Harvest Moon Web Design-Web Design That Makes You Look Good. I’ll most likely be trying different things off and on today that might cause the link to vary a little but [url=http://snoballdandd.com/HMWD_testing/port.php]Harvest Moon Web Design-Web Design That Makes You Look Good should always be reliable.

I’ve been googling what I want to do to see how other people have done similar things and I started looking at Highside, the js thumbnail viewer. That has everything I’d like to do so hopefully that will solve my problem.