Image Upload, How Does It Work?

Cheers dudes, this now works fine.

Now I just need to create a link in a database under a members profile. Any suggestions?

Can you elaborate further on what you want to do?

Yup, not sure what you mean with “under a members profile”.
Creating a link in a database is straight forward though - just a matter of inserting the file path as a string into your db table.
One point you might want to consider however, is giving the uploaded files unique names (with a time stamp or ip address or such), so that files with the same name do not overwrite each other.

Hi,

The idea for the site is that people will be able to create member profiles and then upload a logo.

Is it possible to create a folder for each member in which they can upload their company logo?

How would a site like LinkedIn manage image upload?

http://php.net/manual/en/book.filesystem.php

I personally do not store any images, or links to images in a db, I write in where a logo or file should be into the logic. Using the commands I gave you, once an image has been checked and uploaded, you can move the image, create directories etc based on your needs. One might problematically create a hierarchy system for the images to be stored like so:

/usrs/$user/content/logo1.jpg

Based on the profile being looked at, it checks that location for an existing logo. The same would be done when uploading the image, dynamically creating folders needed. Make sense?