Implementing MYSQL online

Hi All,

I have always been practicing web development on my local host, yes I have a couple of websites out there, on a .com domain but I am fairly new and still learning how to develop and fully implement a complete website, with a database.

I am currently using PHP5.2 and MySql. I always have been using PHPMyAdmin and I am quite confident with it. Now I want to implement my website online, but I am not sure what to do when it comes to the database side of it; I am ok uploading the html, php files online etc. but what should I do to have the database functionality online?

Your hosting space provider will give you a control panel where you can easily find option to create a new database. You will also find phpMyAdmin.

Along with this, it’s always a good idea to learn how to implement database commands without using phpmyadmin. There might be times when you won’t have access to phpmyadmin, and then you will have to write your scripts to access the database without it.

Check out Simply SQL for more information.

Thanks a lot for your help! I am actually ok doing SQL queries, it’s literally just the implementation I was wondering about…

If you have a host that gives you shell access you should get familiar with the mysql command line programs.

you could also try giving yourself a root canal, it’s just about as painful

there’s really no good reason not to use a good front-end program… and yes, you should know how to write sql, but they all have an sql window where you can do that

there’s really no good reason not to use a good front-end program… and yes, you should know how to write sql, but they all have an sql window where you can do that
Obviously you don’t do a lot of work on remote servers where ssh is your main lifeline and getting a gui is “difficult”.