Importing CSS3 from a separate style sheet

Just a quick question about CSS3 and separate stylesheets. I know that for example one could put all the IE conditional comments and hacks into a separate stylesheet in order to keep things neat and valid. But could one do that with CSS3 - like if I wanted to use vendor specific properties? So if I used vendor specific properties to create text shadow, it would render my stylesheet invalid. Could I just put it into a separate stylesheet and import it the same way I could with IE specific hacks? Would that work? (Obviously I’d have to link both stylesheets from the head tag in the HTMl document!)

Many thanks.

Scratch my post, I think I need to put all of my CSS3 in a separate stylesheet and then import it into my main stylesheet. I got a bit confused so no worries. Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Just been checking out the W3C CSS validator and it does validate official CSS3 such as border-radius. But thanks for answering my question anyway. I’ll just use a separate stylesheet for vendor specific CSS3 and import that.

CSS3 won’t go through validator because it’s only supporting CSS2 at the moment (CSS3 isn’t past any stage yet)

-moz- or -o- or any other extendor will alwaysnever validate because it’s a vendor extension and it’s unique to each vendor. The validator throws warnings at it but it always will :).

I would use @import. That’s not the issue. The issue is I want my main stylesheet to validate. I got the impression it won’t validate if I put something like -moz-border-radius: 20px 40px; in, hence the need to put it in a separate stylesheet (which wouldn’t validate but it’s better than having my main stylesheet being invalid). Or am I wrong about vendor properties being invalid? I’m starting to learn CSS3 so forgive me if my question is nooby.

IE doesn’t support much CSS3 so that would be…useless really

I’d like to know why you want to do ths in the first place though. If you want to import cSS3 from a stylesheet then just use the @import like the above poster said

What do you neeed this for?

why not use the @import command? What are the reasons for adding the CSS3 elements in a different place then?