Include picture in Tell A Friend PHP scrip

I need help on Tell A Friend PHP scrip:

I’ve been trying to use the Tell A Friend script and the tutorials online are very helpful

BUT there’s one thing I can’t figure out

How do we include a picture that I need to show in the Tell A Friend PHP scrip because many people don’t bother to open the link in the message section via Tell A Friend script

I need help on that! PLEASE PLEASE if anyone know the script, send it to me, and I would be very appreciated

Thank you

What kind of picture do you mean?

In the e-mail that is sent out by the tell-a-friend function?

The picture is kind of like an attachment picture you seen in Eblast Email. When a person sent the email to the third-party, they can also see the picture and click on the Tell A Friend link to send to another person without clicking on any other links to view the picture.

Hope that help… :slight_smile:

It has to be added in the email sending php script. So can you post the tell a friend email sending script? Are you using third party php script for this purpose or you have made it yourself?

Ah, you mean you need to embed an image in the e-mail?

Like rajug asks, we need to know if you’re using your own software or an existing library for sending the e-mails out.

It might be worth mentioning that nearly all email clients block images from being displayed by default.

Saying so, clients never agree on not sending the images (embedded) :slight_smile: (at least in my experience)

Almost every e-mail client blocks linked images because they require talking to a web server. That feature was abused to track valid e-mail addresses and who opened/previewed the message that was sent. That is why the current method of clicking to show images is in place.

Almost every e-mail client, however, does show embedded images (CID) without clicking on anything (some webmail providers don’t). Embedding is vastly different from linking. It is also harder to get right, consumes a ton of bandwidth, and can be difficult to get through spam filters.

http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/post/1759/embedding-images-revisited/

The SMTP functions I’ve written are CID embedding capable.