Including SEO into Website Design Packages

Lately ive been considering of getting into freelancing however i do have some ?

1st. is it good to have 3 website plans what i mean is the following

• Basic Page 6 Pages with a contract form with SEO
  • Business Package a CMS Edit yourself CMS Website with SEO
  • Online shop store - with SEO

Not sure with these include SEO as a fix rate of says 4k if it was or a monthly bill ive looked around and found most seo resellers only do it monthly eg http://www.seoreseller.com/white-label-seo-packages

So what would be the best popular plan to go with the above website packages those will also include hosting and domain registration as well

how do you know what seo package would suit what plan if i was trying to do a website design package so i can sell to design clients?

Thanks,William

[FONT=verdana]Are you planning to offer website design, or SEO? It’s an important distinction, because the type of plan you offer would be very different for those two services.

If you are essentially a designer who is offering SEO as an extra service, I would question why you need to offer fixed plans at all. The service that you offer depends entirely on the needs of your customers, and very few customers will want to be restricted by a pre-defined package with a given number of pages etc.

It’s better to listen to your customer, find out exactly what they are looking for, and tailor your offer accordingly. Of course, once you’ve done a few jobs, you might notice a pattern emerging, in which case you can consider offering that as a standard service. The point is that it is the needs of your customers that should determine your offer, not the opinions of people in a forum who know nothing about the market you are working in.

Mike[/FONT]

An awful lot of SEO is making sure that the website is set up properly in the first place. If your design and code follows general good practice then you’ve ticked that box from the word go. On-page SEO shouldn’t involve any real additional time or expense if it’s being built in from the start – the only time it starts to become an issue is if the website has been built badly in the first place and needs to be fixed.

In terms of what SEO packages you offer, I agree with Mikl that having fixed packages isn’t going to be helpful. Discussion and negotiation with the customer may take a bit more time, but will be far better in terms of what you can do for them and hopefully will make your life a bit easier when you’re doing the work as well.

What if the customer is unhappy with the services you outsourced?
What is your recourse?

I think you have to clearly stipulate whether you are providing a website which is fully search engine optimized (ie. on-page SEO), or if you are providing a website which is fully optimized (on-page SEO) and then are offering a monthly off-page SEO service to enable the site to rank in the search engines for its targeted keywords.

There is no good way to offer off-page SEO for a flat rate being that off-page SEO is ongoing and should only stop if the website is taken offline.

Best to give the customer what they want, after explaining the options to them. Every client will have different needs and a different budget. If they don’t have the budget for SEO when they start, you’d be surprised at how many will upgrade over time, if they know you offer the service. Some will want it all upon starting, but that is rare in my experience.

Any time you can sell or upgrade a client to something with monthly billing, you will be making your business stronger, as you will not have to rely on constantly selling and closing deals. So get them in the door, and then upgrade them.