Infinite scroll plugin

Hi everyone,

Just after some recommendations here. Ideally what I am looking for is a jQuery plugin that allows for infinite scrolling of my own content, coming from a mySQL database via PHP - and which will also have a loading GIF as the new content is being served to the page.

I’ve looked at about 8 or 9 different solutions, but none of them meet all of my criteria - either I was able to get them working with something like a Twitter stream but not my own content, or I could get the content working but there’s no preload (and probably security/efficiency issues). I just don’t know enough about Javascript in general to do my own thing, so I’m really hoping someone can recommend something that just works out of the box.

Does anyone suggestions about their favourite solutions that might fit the bill? I’ve tried most of the common results that come up in Google, but I’d be happy to try and work through my issues with any of them if they come recommended - it’s just part of the problem is that I can’t get things working, but I don’t know if it’s worth investing the time to try and work through my issues with this one as opposed to that one. Also there’s quite a few that seem to be exactly what I’m looking for, but only really mention serving blog posts - I’m not sure if these can be adapted for my needs or not, and don’t really have any idea how to go about finding out.

I guess I’m just on the lookout for general suggestions, because at the moment I’m a bit lost . . . in a sea of confusing code :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hey, for anyone who’s wondering, I have found a solution I’m happy with: Jeroen Fiege’s Infinite Ajax Scroll. This basically turns existing pagination into infinite scroll, which is not what I was expecting, but works a treat. Here’s the project on Github: https://github.com/webcreate/Infinite-Ajax-Scroll.