Inserting audio files for playback

This is not a reply but a new question for anyone to answer:
The aim of my website is to provide free teaching by means of audio-cassettes converted to MP3 files. I’ve been searching, in vain so far, for instruction/examples of ‘markup’ which will enable viewers to click and LISTEN, preferably volume control incorporated

Did you have already a look in the media player [U]www.jwplayer.com[/U]?
It is a video player, but can also be used for audio only.
See: [U]longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/[/U].

Hello Francky, My first reply was sent as an email as I couldn’t find your message in the forums. Since then I have been corrected and given the relevant link. . I had never previously heard of ‘jwplayer’ but have now downloaded it. It looks promising. I have also just purchased a copy of K.Yank’s book ‘SimplyJavascript’ to broaden my knowledge of web-building requirements. Thanks again for your contact. 'Still hopeful of ‘getting there’ in the end.

This is a shortcut but it works. You can upload your mp3 files to Youtube. Then you can insert the embed code from Youtube into your html page. That’s a quick and fast way to do it. Good luck.

To: bmk44. Many thanks for your advice. 'Have very little experience of Youtube so far but will endeavour to carry out your suggestion. GordonD.

No problem, GordonD. I’m happy you took the time to consider my suggestion. Like I said it’s a shortcut but it works. Also going this route could indirectly bring new organic visitors to your site because you can link back to your site from youtube.

Hello bmk44, Since my last reply I have tried unsuccessfully to upload my .mp3 files to Youtube, There are several people on Youtube offering advice on how to upload .mp3 files but there presentations are very poorly done. One which seemed hopeful, using ‘Pie’, eventually told me that files lasting longer than 10 mins could not be uploaded. Most of my files contain 35mins. messages. GordonD.

Hi GordonD,
YouTube says: by default you can upload videos that are 15 minutes long. To upload longer videos, follow these steps:

To Francky, Thanks for your latest. It speaks about ‘videos’. Would the same apply for uploading ‘audios’?
I have recently uploaded several audios on SOUNDCLOUD. It works well but there is a monthly charge.
If you are interested to hear what I am uploading , go to < www.soundcloud.com > ; select SPIRITUAL / RELIGION from the GENRE options; type in < derekcartwright >(no spaces). When my page comes up, click FOLLOW